Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!!

Hello everyone! Mommy and Daddy have decided that since I am one now, I can post my own blogs. In case you didn't know, I turned ONE this past Saturday! So yeah, basically, I am a big girl now! I had to wait for my party to be on Sunday because we went to a wedding in Marysville, KS (near Nebraska) on Saturday. I think Mom and Dad thought they could move the party to a different day and I wouldn't even know...but I did!! It's okay though, I had lots of fun at the wedding reception also! I wore an adorable pink dress with black leggings with a ribbon that said "I'm 1 Today!", that way everyone knew it was someone else's big day besides the pretty girl in white! (I think mom should post a picture of me at the wedding, I'm telling you, I was darn cute!) I'm not really sure who the girl in the pretty white dress stealing my attention was, but mommy and daddy knew her and her new husband from college. She was really nice to have the DJ announce my birthday and everyone at the reception sang happy birthday to me! WOW...I was on spotlight....and it was fun!! I tried to keep everyone's attention by showing my moves on the dance floor. I had quite the crowd around me at one point! We got home really late that night and I had to get some major sleep for my big party the next day!



Mommy and Daddy tried to pretend that Sunday was my birthday also... I let them, cause it's fine with me to be the birthday girl 2 days in a row! I had lots of guests show up for the bit "princess party": Grandma and Grandpa Balzer, Grandma Dippel (Gpa had to fly to the east coast for work), Great Gma/Gpa Parker, Great Aunt Barb and Uncle Jim, Aunt Stefanie, Uncle Steve and cousins Tyler, Jaden and Paige (boy, I had to work hard to keep the spotlight with those crazy cousins!), Cousin Terry (the rest of his family couldn't make it and I was sad about that), our friend Jeremy (Wally) and our great neighbors the Laniers. Daddy cooked chili for everyone and I could tell they all really liked it, cause no one really cared too much about me for awhile. But I stole the attention back in no time at all! No one could resist me in my Birthday Girl tshirt, my princess sash and tiara!!! I can definitely get used to this princess stuff! Here are some pictures that I am pretty proud of:






















I also got my very own little cake! I didn't realize that I was going to be stripped down next to nothing and made to eat it in front of a crowd. I think they all were expecting much more of a show than I gave them. People kept pushing my hand down into the cake and messing it all up. I was fine just picking at the frosting and tasting it...I can't help it if I'm such a princess...I just didn't want to get too messy! But I still got bath in the sink afterwards.







I do have to admit that my favorite gift was from mommy and daddy...my Disney Princess car! I LOVE IT! But I got lots of other presents that I love too. I guess mommy and daddy think I got spoiled by everyone. I just thought that's what life is like when you're a princess.










Don't they know, they don't have to spend a lot of money, the boxes are just as fun if not sometimes more fun than the toys that came in them!



What a party! I had so much fun and loved having all of my family and friends with me! I think mommy and daddy are having a hard time believing I am one already, but hey, princesses grow up too....the only thing they have to remember, is that I will always remain a princess!

No comments: