Well, no cute picture today. I wanted a good picture of Dave and the kids, but I NEVER get good pictures when I want them! I just wanted to do a Father's Day post in honor of the man that I love and the father of my 2 little angels! Today as we were driving to Wichita I was thinking about how truly amazing of a father Dave is, and what a blessing to our family he is. What makes him so amazing?
I was thinking back on all of the best "daddy" memories I could think of, and I thought I'd compile a Top 10 list of "Our Great Daddy Moments":
1. When our baby girl was born, Dave carried her in his arms, out of the operating room. As I continued to lay there on my back, all cut open, the doctor doing my surgery made sure to let me know that he noticed tears dripping down Dave's face as he carried Taylor out.
2. The tears came again the morning we dropped Taylor off at day care for the first time. We went together for moral support and both shared tears in the parking lot, after leaving her inside. Tears from me was pretty much a given and completely expected...but even Dave will admit that he NEVER knew it would be THAT hard!
3. Bath time is always his joy (giving me a much needed break after being home with the kids all day)....I love sitting in the kitchen and listening to all the chattering and giggling coming from the bathroom.
4. You'd think that his garage would be his "get-away", but it is amazing that he is just as happy with a little girl running around and riding her princess car and a baby sitting in his bouncy seat, as he is when he is alone, watching sports, and bangin his tools around (well, that's my opinion of what goes on out there, I'm SURE he is much more productive).
5. Playing outside is his speciality!! On good-weathered days, this is typically a given as soon as he gets home from work!
6. Speaking of work....with the hard labor that he puts in every day for 10 hours, you'd think he would come home from work hot, tired, and just ready to sit and do nothing. Instead, Taylor and Mason are greeted by a dad who gives them his full attention! In fact, most days he is even talking to Taylor as he's taking a shower, peaking his head out every few minutes as she sits in the bathroom and waits for him to finish.
7. When it comes to packing a diaper bag, putting a hair bow in, eating dinner with one hand while holding a crying baby in the other...he makes for tough competition!
8. I feel so privileged that I can leave the house, for an evening, a day, or even a weekend, and know that he is PERFECTLY fine with the kids. He has never once complained or given any impression that he is not completely willing to do this. It's nice to leave without even having to write ANYTHING down on paper or call every hour to make sure everyone is surviving. He is SO "with it"!
9. I am not the greatest "morning mother"....although I am forced to be during the week. But on the weekends, Dave is wonderful about being the first one out of bed with whichever child wakes up first!
10. Last, but certainly not really the last, nor the least.....I love that our children are being raised by a dad who loves the Lord! No moment can compare to the moments that I witness in which Dave shows his compassion and unconditional love to ALL of us, no matter how tough we can be on him some days!
Happy Father's Day, Dave! We love you and thank God for you every day! You are the best dad and husband we could ever dream of!
3 comments:
I agree. You have a very special guy there. Way to go Dave!
What a great dad! You and the kids are lucky to have him around.
Ok... this guy sounds great! :) Your post definitely made me tear up. Happy belated Father's Day... What a fun blog!
Post a Comment