Sunday, February 8, 2009

mommy, please don't cry

It's amazing how many people all over (the world) have been touched by Cora's story.
People who have never even met Cora....and they have showed their support.
That's what the body of Christ is suppossed to do.
It's nice to see it in action.
I do not know who this is, but she is connected to one of my friends.
After hearing about Cora today, she posted pictures of her tear-stained book.

Click here to read her words.

I stole her pictures to share this touching story with you.
One that many of you may have heard before.


Mommy, please don't cry...A beautiful angel carried me here!
I met Jesus today, Mommy! He cradled me in his big, strong arms. He made me feel so happy inside.

Mommy, please don't cry...When I fall it doesn't hurt! There are no tears in heaven.

When it's time to rest, angels tuck us in. I never get scared Mommy, there is no darkness here! Jesus is the light of heaven.

Someday, Mommy, we will hold each other tight! Then you will cradle me in your arms, and stroke my hair...And once again, our hearts will beat together.

Mommy, please don't cry....I'll wait right here for you.

7 comments:

The Sieberts said...

thank you for posting that. what a tear jerker.

Karen said...

I can't sleep. I can't stop crying for people I have never met and their darling baby. I have been following their blog since I got the news through another blog and it never occurred to me that she wouldn't make it. I am heartbroken for this family.

Anonymous said...

great book, except that reading it makes you cry!

Tanya said...

This book makes me cry. But the truth contained in it also gives me such hope and peace. Praying for Cora's family.

Anonymous said...

This might be a nice gift for someone close to the family to give to them. It will make them cry, but it will comfort them too.

I feel so much sadness for them. The quickness of it all must have put them in a state of shock. :(

I am praying for them.

McKenzie said...

Thank-you for sharing that...I have been following Cora's story since you first posted about her and my heart is heavy and sad today as I read that, but at the same time it helps to remember where Cora is now and that all her pain is gone.

Sherri said...

Amanda,
you have a way with words. Thank you for postings. I know Cora has touched so many lives. We will continue to pray for Joel and Jess...and everyone else dealing with this. Its hard to look into your own childs eyes, and not think it could happen to you.