Thursday, April 9, 2009

our fence fell down

(kind of funny that my last post was pictures of snow, and these are of a nice springy day...that's Kansas for ya!)

One thing I hate about Kansas weather is the wind. Really, I HATE it. It puts me in a bad mood. Especially when it does things like this...
Photobucket
I forgot the take a picture immediately following this incident...but the important thing to know is that we used to have a wooden fence here.

Then we had 50-60-70 mile an hour wind. The fence lost.

Dave spent all day last Friday putting it back up.
Photobucket
This little guy just adores his daddy and wants to get in on the action so bad.

Luckily, it was a beautiful day, so we all hung out in the backyard with him. Photobucket
I don't know if this was ideal for Dave...as he had two little eager kiddos wanting to help so badly.
He didn't seem to mind though.

Not having a fence sure makes it easy to escape from the backyard...whether you're a 2 year old or a dog.

We had to keep calling these 2 back into their own yard.
Photobucket
Lots of exploring in the yard and playing with lumber.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Dave was getting mad that I was trying to take pictures of him. But seriously...how could I resist?

I let him pick which picture I posted....I would have picked the full body one, with the tool belt and all, but he didn't like it.

Regardless, I'd have to say I definitely got myself a hottie!
(a hottie who is turning 30 soon!)

Photobucket

Hey Wind- I DARE you to try to knock this fence down now!
Don't mess with THIS guy - He says it's hurricane proof!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Kansas weather...gotta love it! Sorry about your fence! But looks like your hubby took care of it.

I totally hear you about the wind. I HATE it too! We can have some of the most beautiful days, but can't go out to enjoy them because the wind is blowing 40mph! That will take down my 14-month-old! So annoying! If I ever leave Kansas, that will be why!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

I don't like the wind either. The other day I was driving back from church when the sign for the development west of Stratford blew off it's posts and blew right in front of my car! Scared me to death! My grandkids love the wind and just laugh when it blows them around. Maybe instead of hating it, we should go outside and dance in it! And be reminded of the power of God.
Debby

Unknown said...

:) Good thing you've got a handyman around! Love the pics of the kids - so fun!