Friday, July 24, 2009

from texas to topeka

WHEW!!! I feel like it's taken me all week to recover from last weekend.

Every July is Premier's National Rally/Convention in Ft. Worth, TX.

It is one of the highlights of my year....for many reasons that you would never understand unless you are there.

We headed out at 4:45am on Wed. morning. Although we had 8 other girls with us, my sister-in-law and I had to be there by 1pm for our leadership training. We made it JUST in time!

There was LOTS of talk and getting pumped up about the leadership cruise that's happening in March...WOOHOOO! I've never been on a cruise and our first one will be for 7 days and if I work like I plan to this fall, it will be FREE for both Dave and I!!!

Thursday started the general sessions at the Ft. Worth Convention Center Arena
We had AWESOME speakers and entertainers...

These are the PD (Premier Designs) Singers...made up of jewelers or husbands of jewelers from across the country....they entertain a lot and are SOO good!

We laughed really really hard at Chonda Pierce - stand up comic, television host and best-selling author...

I always LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing my girls get recognized....

Of course, one BIG highlight of Rally is the introduction of the new line of jewelry on Thursday afternoon...

And just in case you're wondering...the new jewelry is pretty much the best it has EVER EVER been! It's so up to date with the latest trends and I'm SOOO excited about SOO many pieces!!

I was excited to have Dave there with me for just a few short hours. It took a lot of planning, but it ended up working out perfectly for him to ride down to Ft. Worth with his aunt and uncle who were vacationing past Ft. Worth. They dropped him off Friday afternoon so that he could make the drive to Topeka with me for a wedding.

I was able to get him a guest past for a few hours.....which happened to be right during a concert by Point of Grace...


They were SOOO good and so much fun!

I can't even begin to explain why rally is one of the best weekends of my year....you'd think we just go there and hear about jewelry, and learn how to sell more jewelry, etc. That's what I thought it would be like before I went for the first time 5 years ago. But I guess when you're a part of a company that was founded by 2 of the most godly people I have ever known, these are NOT the things that fill up our schedule at rally. I LOVE that the time I invest in this weekend helps not only my business, my attitude, my motivation, but my personal and spiritual life as well.

Rally wasn't over till Sat. evening, but Dave and I left Friday at 10pm and headed north, stopping in Norman, OK (bad town, bad town! too much crimson and cream) to get a few hours of the drive out of the way before we had to make it the rest of the way to Topeka on Saturday.

I was sad to leave early....but I couldn't miss the wedding of a great friend from college.

We gained a little bit of time, having gotten a few hours out of the way the night before, so we stopped back at home on our way to Topeka and decided on a whim to take Taylor with us. We missed both of them SOOO much and we knew she'd have so much fun and do great traveling with us.

And boy did she have a blast...

When the music started she was a little shy at first...

but that obviously didn't last too long, especially with help from her daddy

She even insisted on joining in on the electric slide. I'm not a big fan, so I just stood by and watched and saved her when those high heels were getting too close to her little toes.

It was so exciting seeing Sarah so happy. The ceremony was beautiful....VERY God-honoring, not JUST the traditions that have to be done. I definitely shed some tears...but I'm just sappy like that anyway.

Congratulations Andy and Sarah!!

We drove back home that night, got home around midnight and I crashed harder than I have in a LONG time! I think I'd like to stay put for awhile.

2 comments:

Allen and Debby Graber said...

You didn't stay put long. You were gone this evening when we stopped by for the trailer! Dave sure did look tired. Sounds like you had an incredible time and such a spiritual uplift too.

kbaitinger said...

This looks like so much fun! How wonderful to feel so uplifted there! I've been meaning to email you about information!...and to appologize if my last email sounded a bit "off". I know you are busy, but hope to talk to you soon!