We're almost half way through June and our summer has been packed with lots of fun already.
Here's some of what we've been up to, before I share our fun weekend trips...

Playing in the sprinkler at Ollie and Lily's house
It's so fun to have close friends with kiddos the same size as ours.
These two are the same age - Taylor likes to write letters to Ollie and mail them (we don't ever actually put them in the mail but she doesn't know that)
Dave came home from work early one day because of rain (LOVE those days!), so we packed a picnic lunch and headed to the zoo.


And guess who picked up sticks the whole time?
We are getting good use our our zoo pass already.
A few days later, we got to go back with some of the moms from my bible study and their kiddos...
The highlight of this zoo trip was feeding the giraffes. $1 gets you a handful of branches full of leaves.
Taylor tried to make hers last as long as she could by trying to feed the giraffe a leaf at a time.
I think the giraffe was getting a little frustrated.
Mason just wanted to keep his branch, not feed it to the giraffe - go figure.
Part of me would really really like to post a picture of one of the gorillas right here.
But I'm resisting.
She was posed quite inappropriately, RIGHT by the window, directly in front of a crowd of kids.
I know it would make you laugh, Dave laughed pretty hard.
Ok fine. So he was probably laughing because of the fact that I modeled it for him because I wasn't explaining it very well.
Hey, I was a teacher. I know how to pull out visual aides when neccessary.
So anyway, I'll spare you the visual.
Just go see the gorillas yourself - I'm sure they'll do something inappropriate - they always do.








3 comments:
Cute pics. And I'm laughing at the mental picture of you demonstrating for Dave what the gorilla did. :-)
Ok. I'm very curious what the gorilla did. (Mainly b/c I want the mental picture that Kendall has!) :)
Love their little hats!
i'm curious too. those gorillas are a highlight of the zoo trip! you just never know what they will do.
Post a Comment