Nothing like getting the flu (or food poisoning, not sure) less than 24 hours before we are leaving with our small group for a weekend in Branson and Tablercock.
There was definitely a few hours that I was pretty sure I wouldn't be going.
But I stopped puking 6 hours before departure and slept up till the hour before everyone would be meeting at our house to leave.
I learned that maybe I should prepare for a trip a few days early, and not the day before - just in case I need an 18 hour break to throw up and sleep.
I hadn't packed myself or the kids (who were riding along to stay at my parents house for the weekend), hadn't made the food I was suppossed to make, hadn't shaved, hadn't done anything.
And I crawled out of bed an hour before we left, just to throw my stuff in a pile, so Dave could put it in a bag for me.
I knew if I could make it through the 5-6 hour drive to my parents house, I could stay there until I was better. Getting one day with the group would be better than none.
If my parents hadn't lived there - I wouldn't have gone at all.
But I was so thankful for the cold, dark bedroom that I got at their house - so I could sleep for 13 hours straight.
I joined my hubby and the rest of our friends with a few hours left to spend on that lake.
I think I pushed myself too fast to get back, I knew I was over the worst and felt more rested, but my stomach wasn't right at all. That dumb bug brought back my weak pregnancy stomach that had been gone for weeks. I threw up a few more times, my gag reflexes made a huge come back and I missed out on an afternoon of shopping so I could get some energy back for the evening.
So if a weekend can be GREAT and AWFUL at the same time - that was my weekend.
My camera saw barely any action.
The boys wanted to take the polar bear plunge into Lake Taneycomo - really freezing water!
I hung out in the shade.
We spent an evening at Branson Landing - dinner at Macaroni Grill where Jake, our server brought 4 free desserts - 3 for each of us pregnant girls, and one for a birthday.
I'm pretty sure Rachel enjoyed hers the most.
(we were missing the Goods!)=
Laurel created a tribute to Jake.
I guess you're seeing a lot of pregnant bellies in my posts lately.
I guess when I have 6 or 8 or 10 (i can't even remember) friends pregnant at the same time, that's what happens.
If you only knew how many outtakes were taken of this shot - I could do a post all on it's own.
Oh, but wait! Christy and Ryan are having baby too (adopting from Russia) - that's her checkbook on her belly. And Bill and Olivia (the only couple that couldn't make it) are too - making our entire group next year EXPECTING!
To catch all the parts of our trip that I either wasn't a part of, or didn't even feel like having a camera out for, check out Rachel's blog here.
We are so blessed and thankful for these couples and looking forward to a new year with them!
1 comment:
I see you didn't put in that lovely one of yourself in our pregnant pictures. But I'm sure glad you could put the crazy one of me in. That's so sweet! I was trying to not have a double chin...I'm sure you can tell! You definitely need to show all of them! Thanks for showing them all! Together, I think we have the whole weekend in pictures!
Post a Comment