Wednesday, November 16, 2011

pinterest

If you don't know about Pinterest - that could be a good thing or a bad thing.
When I first started Pinterest I spent more time on it, but it's slowed down a bit.  I check it when I'm bored, sitting in front of the tv while my hubby watches House Hunters or other random shows on Discovery or History channel.

But I what I like the most about Pinterest is actually DOING some of the things I've pinned.
Even just simple ones.
Like creating a snack shelf with preportioned snacks that the kids can grab on their own.

I did one in the cupboard and made one of the bins in the fridge into a snack bin for them too.
It doesn't look all organized and nice - but it is, really.  And besides, what's the point - it's for the kids, it wouldn't stay that way anyway.

 Pretty sure this is going to be a great thing once this baby comes.  Sometimes Mason gets the unhappiest when I'm not able to get him a snack when he wants it.

 On my to-do list before the baby was to reorganize my office and get rid of lots of stuff.
I pinned this on pinterest (it's really for a sewing room), but I thought it would be great in my office as a work table.


Mine is definitely not as pretty with all the fabric, but it is so great for all my business stuff, and some of the kids' craft stuff too.
I've added more bins since this picture.



 The hour or so after naps and before dinner can sometimes be the toughest part of our day.  The kids tend to need something more creative to do.  So one evening while I cooked, I quickly showed Dave this picture I had pinned...

 So Dave created his version of it, and it definitely kept our little guy's attention.


I ran across this idea for Taylor's birthday party...

But decided to make it non-seasonal so it could be used anytime.



And my favorite pinterest project so far is inspired by these frames...

You can purchase them at Organic Bloom or Orange Blossom on Etsy  - but I really didn't want to spend that much on a frame.  So my hubby attempted to come up with something for me after pinning this on Pinterest.


I made my pattern by only drawing 1/4 of the design and then folding and cutting so it was symmetrical, and then traced it on the wood.  I tried to keep the shape pretty simple to make Dave's job easier, I wasn't really sure what he could and couldn't do with that saw.

 Dave did the cutting and sanding, and then I added paint.

(sorry for the awful lighting)

This frame is going in the nursery, possibly over the crib.
I just need the perfect picture for it.

I think our next project is going to be something else for the nursery -
Book shelves made from gutters.

You can check out my Pinterest boards here. 
Happy pinning!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I have a few of these same ideas pinned to my boards! I have been following your blog for a couple of years...heading over to Pinterest to follow your boards! Isn't technology amazing?

Alyssa said...

you are a funny girl! Can't wait to see that nursery!

Rachel said...

You painted it! It looks great! I think I'm totally going to steal the snack idea too. I don't know why I never thought of that!

The Sieberts said...

i LOVE all of those ideas!

the mcclenahans said...

Wow. You have been busy. I need some of your motivation to get all my projects done. :)