Monday, June 16, 2014

a father's day hike

We decided Father's Day weekend would be a great chance to cross off the hiking path on our summer list.  We packed up a picnic lunch and headed out. 


 This is the first time in awhile that I've got my big camera out.  I missed it.  I need to keep it back out in sight instead of put away in my bag.  I used to use it so much more when it was within reach.



 I guess the kids missed my camera too.


 We came to the creek that runs through the trail and you'd think we had just arrived at Disney World.  They kids were pumped when we told them they could wade in the water.  They could have stayed all day.


Skipping rocks lessons from Dad.






 








 They walked away and said "that was the funnest thing ever!"
It was definitely fun watching them too.  I wish we didn't forget about this hidden little spot all the time.

It was a great, low-key weekend celebrating this amazing daddy and all that he does for us.


Maybe some day one of my children will look like me.

{for those of you who are local, we were the Sand Creek trail at Bethel College}

post signature

1 comment:

Terri said...

Even though I rarely comment, I do want to let you know I'm a regular reader. I live in Sparks, NV and have been following your blog for a long long time!
Love the way you write about your family and your faith, and you take great pictures too. Don't ever get discouraged that you aren't blessing others' with your words. I really enjoy the work you put into your blog. God Bless you.