This Mother's Day we went to visit my mom and dad in Ozark, Missouri. We were a little anxious about a 5 hour drive with the kids, but thanks to Dave's parents Escape, a DVD player and a 15 min. Barney video that got played over and over again the entire way...it was a pretty decent trip! Of course, as soon as Taylor fell asleep we made sure to take a break from the Barney songs and let her sleep in peace with the Barney doll that Grandma and Grandpa Dippel gave her the last time they came to visit! She loves it, as you can see!
My dad has been DYING to take us to Silver Dollar City ever since they moved near Branson and since Taylor has gotten old enough to somewhat have fun there. So on Saturday, despite the VERY overcast skies and threat of rain all day, we took the kids on their first BIG outing! Thanks to my parent's season tickets, we got 2 free tickets as well, so luckily we didn't have to pay those high prices (which we probably WOULDN'T have done with the kiddos being so young!)
When I was growing up we went to Silver Dollar City MANY times....so being there brought back many memories! It's a place that I can remember vivid details of smells, sights and sounds! It was everything I remembered and it was so fun to have the kids there. And yes, other than a few minutes of rain, the weather cooperated and we enjoyed about half the day there!
I was trying to sneak a picture of this MONSTROUS guy, but he caught me and said "I don't look as tall if someone's not in the picture with me." I guess he was aware that his height drew attention to him.
The Sherrif of Silver Dollar City gave Taylor and Mason both silver star sheriff badges. How fun! I remember getting these badges when I was a little girl! Taylor wasn't quite sure of this strange guy, as you can see by the way she is leaned very far back in her seat!
Taylor loved the train ride around the park and the little skit in which 2 funny hillbillies acted liked they were robbing the train! This skit hasn't changed a bit from 10 or more years ago, another fun memory for mom!
The highlight of the day was Taylor's first time to ride the rides! There was a kiddy area with 4 rides, 2 of which you could ride with an adult if you were under 36 inches. Dad got to go with her first...I'm not sure which was the better spot...on the ride with her, or on the side where I could see her ear-to-ear smile every time the frogs circled around!
I got to ride next. I don't think I have ever heard anything sweeter than the sound of her giggles the entire time the ride was going. Every time the ride stopped, Taylor did the sign language for "more". She didn't understand that we weren't the ones controlling the ride AND that we had to get off and get back in line. At this point, we were pushing her past her nap time, so we were either seeing ear-t0-ear smiles or we were carrying her off a ride kicking and screaming and trying to strap her back into the stroller!
Dave and Taylor goofin around with funny hats!
On our way back home on Sunday, we followed my parents to Independence (which was not more than 15 -20 min. off our normal route back home) and surprised my grandparents! They hadn't seen Mason since the weekend he was born. We didn't stay long, but long enough to get in some good pictures. Or at least, attempts at good pictures! All I wanted all day was to get a good picture of me and my kiddos. Taylor was not gonna have it! This is the best we could do.
At least Mason was cooperating! He looks like such a chunk in this picture!
Here's a very special picture of 4 generations (if I counted them right)....Mason and I, my mom and my grandma. I am so glad we all got to be together for Mother's Day, even if it was just for a short bit. Of course, the picture would have been better with Taylor in it, but we just weren't going to go there! 
My dad has been DYING to take us to Silver Dollar City ever since they moved near Branson and since Taylor has gotten old enough to somewhat have fun there. So on Saturday, despite the VERY overcast skies and threat of rain all day, we took the kids on their first BIG outing! Thanks to my parent's season tickets, we got 2 free tickets as well, so luckily we didn't have to pay those high prices (which we probably WOULDN'T have done with the kiddos being so young!)
When I was growing up we went to Silver Dollar City MANY times....so being there brought back many memories! It's a place that I can remember vivid details of smells, sights and sounds! It was everything I remembered and it was so fun to have the kids there. And yes, other than a few minutes of rain, the weather cooperated and we enjoyed about half the day there!
I was trying to sneak a picture of this MONSTROUS guy, but he caught me and said "I don't look as tall if someone's not in the picture with me." I guess he was aware that his height drew attention to him.
The Sherrif of Silver Dollar City gave Taylor and Mason both silver star sheriff badges. How fun! I remember getting these badges when I was a little girl! Taylor wasn't quite sure of this strange guy, as you can see by the way she is leaned very far back in her seat!
Taylor loved the train ride around the park and the little skit in which 2 funny hillbillies acted liked they were robbing the train! This skit hasn't changed a bit from 10 or more years ago, another fun memory for mom!
The highlight of the day was Taylor's first time to ride the rides! There was a kiddy area with 4 rides, 2 of which you could ride with an adult if you were under 36 inches. Dad got to go with her first...I'm not sure which was the better spot...on the ride with her, or on the side where I could see her ear-to-ear smile every time the frogs circled around!
I got to ride next. I don't think I have ever heard anything sweeter than the sound of her giggles the entire time the ride was going. Every time the ride stopped, Taylor did the sign language for "more". She didn't understand that we weren't the ones controlling the ride AND that we had to get off and get back in line. At this point, we were pushing her past her nap time, so we were either seeing ear-t0-ear smiles or we were carrying her off a ride kicking and screaming and trying to strap her back into the stroller!
Dave and Taylor goofin around with funny hats!
On our way back home on Sunday, we followed my parents to Independence (which was not more than 15 -20 min. off our normal route back home) and surprised my grandparents! They hadn't seen Mason since the weekend he was born. We didn't stay long, but long enough to get in some good pictures. Or at least, attempts at good pictures! All I wanted all day was to get a good picture of me and my kiddos. Taylor was not gonna have it! This is the best we could do.
At least Mason was cooperating! He looks like such a chunk in this picture!
Here's a very special picture of 4 generations (if I counted them right)....Mason and I, my mom and my grandma. I am so glad we all got to be together for Mother's Day, even if it was just for a short bit. Of course, the picture would have been better with Taylor in it, but we just weren't going to go there! 
It was such a fun weekend. For myself, I got a little taste from the past, but I also got to have some first time memories with my little ones. Definitely a Mother's Day I won't forget!
1 comment:
The photo with 4 generations is priceless and will surely become a family treausre in the years to come. I know I love the photo of Caden when he was about Mason's age, me, my mom, and my grandma. Amazing to have so many generations whose lives are and will be so different from each other, yet forever connected together in one moment.
Beautiful pcitures of your adorable children!
Post a Comment