Friday, June 5, 2009

happy birthday nana!

Do you know what happens when you just refer to the place you are meeting for dinner as the "Mongolian BBQ"??? d
Well, it ends up that there are 2 "Mongolian BBQs" on Rock Road.

There were 11 of us that were meeting in Wichita to celebrate Dave's mom's birthday. We were coming in 3 different groups. Our group arrived at Hu Hot (the place that I had suggested that we all eat - it's our new favorite place!) and began to wait for our seats.


I called Stef to tell her there was no hurry, if they wanted to take their time getting there....

Here's a recap for our conversation....

"Hey Stef, we are having to wait 30-45 minutes to be seated"

"Well, we're already seated!

"Who's seated?"

"All of us"

"HUH???? Where are you?? I don't see you. We're sitting right at the bar""

"We're over to the left when you come in"

"Left? There isn't really a left when you come in?

"Where ARE you?"

"We're a Hu Hot."

"OOOOHHHHH, we're at.......ummm, we're at.......Kwan's Kitchen, oh no! I thought you said the Mongolian BBQ!"

"yeah, that's what Hu Hot is"

So we packed up the kids, with a little meltdown involved...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I wanna eat a HUHA!!!"

and headed towards what was actually called Ginghis Grill. It took us a little bit to actually find out where they were...Kwan's Kitchen? Ginghis something? Stef didn't really know...she just knew they were at a Mongolian BBQ. The bartender at Hu Hut helped confirm where we were wanting to go.

Yeah, so good thing, the surprise was ruined earlier in the week, because otherwise it would have been ruined anyway! Definitely a memorable night!

Dave's sister, Stef, and our adorable niece and nephews were enjoying watching the food being cooked!


Photobucket

At least she was surprised when the restaurant staff sang to her!
Photobucket

Giving grandma birthday cards...

Photobucket

Paige, Stef, Tyler, Steve and Jaden

Photobucket

Taylor with 2 of her cousins....Jaden will be 4 in July and Paige will be 3 in June. They have lots of fun together!

Photobucket

Such goofy kids...and I really have no clue what they are holding...something out of the back of someone's car, I didn't really catch that story.

Photobucket


Don't ask me HOW we got so lucky to get all the kids looking in the same direction....oh wait, that would be the abnoxious noises that we were making.

Photobucket

Happy Birthday Jacquie (Nana)....WE LOVE YOU!!

I'd say getting a cute picture of you with all 5 of these kids looking at the camera in pretty much ONE try...is a great birthday present!

3 comments:

The Boccias said...

How fun! I've never been to either one of those restaurants. Which one do you like better? Still Hu Hot? (Is that right? It looks really weird!)

Allen and Debby Graber said...

So did you like the Ginghis Grill? Yes, Happy Birthday, Jacquie! That was a great picture of you and the grandkids! We always have one baby crying seems like.

Anonymous said...

Look in the very upper right of your first picture -- it says, "Kwan's Kitchen!" Funny!