Monday, October 26, 2009

Taylor's birthday - part 1

Here's how Taylor started her day off as a new 3 year old...

We went to Drubers (our local donut shop) with Nana. We knew that Daddy had ordered a surprise, even though he couldn't be there with us. When we got there, this is what was waiting...







She got to spend lunchtime at Nana's while mommy went to lunch with some friends. When I came to pick them up, I found them playing in the leaves with Nana.








When Daddy got home, she got to open up a birthday present (we saved the rest for her party on Saturday).




She rode and rode and rode...

and then she said she was tired and needed a break...

Her request for dinner was meatballs. Kind of random, but I was happy with it, as I had some in the freezer from the last batch I made. It was very fitting too...for the movie we were about to go to.

She even got to eat dinner outside, STANDING up! She was so excited.

Then we were off to the movie theatre for her very first movie experience, complete with pop and popcorn - oh the excitement and joy on her face was priceless!!

We went to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" - such a cute movie!!! Hamburgers and watermelons falling from the sky, and snow mounds of ice cream are definitely pure entertainment for a 3 year old!


It was such a fun day! I feel like at 3 they finally know it's their birthday, so it was fun to make this day special for her.

Stay tuned for the princess party!

2 comments:

The Boccias said...

Can't wait to see the princess party! I might be stealing ideas from it to use in May. :) Looks like Taylor LOVED all those special birthday treats and surprises!

The Sieberts said...

i LOVE her expressions! What a big girl she is now! I love the druber dougnut...something for me to keep in mind!