So princess party is was.
The cake and other small details of the party
Thanks Olivia, for the cake pans and directions for the castle cake... I found this video online that explains just how to do it too! It really wasn't hard. And I'm not just saying that because I took the Wilton cake class. The video helped tons. Although, thanks to the class, I do feel much better about whipping out those frosting bags and tips now. The hardest part was the fact that it started to lean and lean and lean and I was afraid it was going to fall over, but Dave saved the day! Bet you didn't know he builds houses and castles!
It was PURE joy putting this party on for her. She was so cute, so sweet and SO excited!
So when I picked out the material for her #3 on her shirt, I wasn't paying attention to the type of material. Well, even if I was, I didn't think anything of it. It's a knit, and it's stretchy and I had the WORST time sewing it on. So yeah, my lack of sewing knowledge and experience DEFINITELY came into play on this one. You wouldn't think it would have been hard from the looks of it. Don't look too close, it is a MESS.
I am absolutely in love with this cute "fiesta skirt" I found on etsy. I found it 6 days before her birthday and it said to allow 5 days for it to be made. I contacted Shauna and asked if she had one in stock by chance. This was on Sunday before the party. Shauna sewed up one the very next day for me and got it in the mail for me to have in PLENTY of time!
We had a house full of many of the people who love Taylor so much!
My mom got her these princess dress up shoes.
Turned out they were also a big hit with Mason, much to his daddy's dismay.
And what's a princess party without princess dress up clothes!
Taylor and her cousin Paige had so much fun dressing up like princesses.
And you can't play "princess" without dancing with the "prince". Thanks for being such a great BIG cousin Tyler!
She was so cute when everyone was singing "Happy Birthday"!
I saw this cute idea at a craft fair in Missouri and wanted to do them for Mason and Taylor to take trick or treating. I then decided to just make 3 more for the cousins as their "party favor" at the party. It was an EASY project!! I got the paint cans at Ace Hardware, got coordinating halloween scrapbook paper, some halloween colored ribbon, spray adhesive and modge podge. I added a black letter magnet to the top of each can with their first initial so they would know which one was their can. The girls got ribbons on their can to fancy them up. So if you're looking for a fun and easy craft - go for it!
Can't believe how big these two are getting!
For about a week before her party, I'd tuck her in at night and tell her how many days it was until her princess party. She would always smile SO big.
As Dave was tucking her into bed after her party was over, she asked,
"Is my princess party over now?"
"yes, honey it is."
to which she asked "does that mean I'm not a princess anymore?"
I'll let you just imagine his response...it was as CUTE as you can imagine!!!
Happy 3rd Birthday Princess! We love you!
10 comments:
Wow!! What an ADORABLE party! When I have kids will you come decorate, bake and make crafts for them? :) What a super mom!!! Happy birthday, Princess Taylor!
what a cutie!
I'm sure she loved all the PINK! Happy Birthday, Taylor!!!
So cute. I can't believe I will be doing all the girly stuff someday soon!! She is a lucky little girl!!
Looks like such a sweet party. How fun-and the cake looks AWESOME! And I LOVE those halloween cans!!!!!
Of course she is a Princess! Her Father is the King! What a precious party for a precious girl!!
I wish I could have been there! Looks like you pulled off another fabulous party!
A castle cake???? How cute is that!!!
Princess Taylor looks super cute and her party looks like it was a lot of fun.
I loved this post, Amanda! What a special party for your little princess. The cake was fabulous!! Very cute. Taylor looked like she thoroughly enjoyed every moment.
Post a Comment