Monday, May 3, 2010

added to my wish list

I have my eye and heart set on this.
Sometimes I dream about it.

It's the newest Canon Rebel.  The T2i.
I am NOT a photographer.
I pretty much know nothing.
But in the last few years I've really started to enjoy taking pictures, trying to capture that "perfect" shot and doing some simple editing, and really have taken an interest in trying to learn the basics.
I DO know enough to know that I am SICK of my flash on my current camera.
So many times I wish I could take good pictures without the flash ruining them.
And there are a few other things that annoy me on it too.

I've wanted a DSLR for a few years now.
But Dave said I should maybe know a little bit more before we jumped to that level.

I'm trying to be patient.
Our new way of handling finances means we don't just run out and get what we want all the time.
The old us would have just gone out and bought it when we felt like it.
No planning, little to no saving for it.
But I know that the new us is SMARTER.
The old us would just grab the money out of savings and go get it.
The new us knows that every dollar in our savings is already named to something else.
The new us knows that we should save for this specifically, instead of "borrowing" from something else we are saving for and then paying that back later.
It feels so much better when we make purchases when we do it this way.
There's no buyers remorse - "oh man, maybe we shouldn't have done it....maybe we should have kept that money for something else....we sure hope nothing happens to the car since we just depleted our car maintenance fund to buy our camera"  HA!
Yeah, we probably would have done that a few years ago.
But we're a little wiser now.
And we've learned some great things over the last 2 years with our finances.
We are grateful for that.

So...I'm being patient.
Knowing that we will be glad we planned for it and saved.
It will make it that much more fun to finally be able to get!

I am STILL holding out and crossing my fingers that maybe I'll get a little surprise for Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the older model cannon rebel and I LOVE it! You will be so excited when you get it and it will be worth the wait! Good for you planning and saving we are trying to do that also! Here are a few blogs that you might learn a little about photography while you wait.
http://theidearoom.blogspot.com/

http://thepioneerwoman.com/

laura mcpherson said...

Crossing my fingers for you :) You would LOVE it! Anything from the Rebel series is money well spent, I promise!

Sarah said...

I ran across your blog from the Mac's. Trust me...it is totally worth the money! Especially since you have 2 little ones. Once you do decide to purchase it, you will not regret it!