Friday, August 20, 2010

haircuts

The kids were overdue for haircuts.
 I wish I could cut their hair - but I have no idea how, and I'm afraid I'd mess up so bad.

So we headed to Elbing so my friend Lori could do it the professional way.

Taylor loved it.
But that was expected, as we have played beauty shop and she has pretended to be Lori many times since her last haircut.

This little guy on the other hand didn't really want much to do with it.
If we asked him if we wanted Lori to cut his hair - he said NO!
So I thought that sitting and watching for a bit would help.
Nothing too drastic for either of them.
Just a trim for Taylor and a few more layers.
Dad was very adamant about letting me know that hers can NOT be cut too short.
Only a little bit was to be taken off.
That's the same thing my dad did when my sister and I would get haircuts too.
Then it was his turn.
He seemed like he would do okay.
Crawled up into the chair by himself.
And to my surprise he was calm.
Until his handful of Smarties dropped.
Then he lost it.

And never regained control.

Lori did a great job of using a sharp tool near a child who was screaming and moving his head all over.
But she got it done.
This was his first REAL haircut - not just letting dad buzz it all off.
I was glad to keep those long blond locks on his head.

3 comments:

Kendall Smith said...

Funny!! I love that first shot of Mason. It's adorable!!!

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

O.K., so that last shot of Mason (when crying) looks SOOOOOO sad because he lost is Smarties...definitely a keeper pic. I feel sorry for him just looking at that photo.

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Look forward to seeing them with their new haircuts tomorrow in church!