Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the barbershop

Ok, so I know I'm really bad about keeping my son's hair cut.
I spend too much time debating on whether I should try to cut it myself, or let Dave buzz it, or take him to get it done.
And while I'm doing all this debating it just keeps getting longer and longer.
Dave doesn't like it when it gets long at all.
This boy is gonna have a hard time dealing with his daddy if the longer, shaggy look is 'cool' when he gets bigger.
I always feel especially bad and a little embarrassed when others comment that he needs a haircut.

Dave was off work because of rain one day and he needed a haircut himself, so we decided to take Mason to the barbershop too.

It was hilarious.
He waited patiently in line while watching a western movie.
And kept rubbing the guys arm beside him - which made me feel a little awkward.
I couldn't tell if the guy minded this little 2 year old sitting by him or not.
He wanted Daddy to go first, and he watched very intently.

And then it was his turn.
I was so glad I had my phone there to take pictures since I didn't think to take my camera.

He sat there PERFECTLY the entire time - kind of in a trance.
I didn't realize how long his hair really had gotten until I saw the length that was getting cut off.
He looks much better now.
And we may just have to go see Wayne the Barber again.

5 comments:

Steve and Rebekah Flaming said...

Yay for Mason! That is so cute!

Julie said...

My nephews see John the Barber in Omaha... it made me think of them when you called your's Wayne the Barber :) Fun!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

I used to cut Al's hair for many years; I did NOT like it!! It always made me so nervous! Then a couple of years ago, he got tired of my complaining (I know, I know "Do all things without grumbling or complaining"). He decided we weren't so poor that he couldn't pay for a hair cut. Besides, the barber doesn't complain and he doesn't take over an hour to cut the hair! I am so relieved he goes to a barber now!

Chad and Jody said...

This is precious!

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

Marc has gone to Wayne the barber for a very long time. Currently, we're buzzing Luke's hair ourselves, but I'm sure that, someday, Luke also will be at Wayne the Barber....Glad to hear Mason did well for him. Did Mason by chance get a certificate? Marc mentioned to me once that Wayne gives certificates for kids' first haircuts. I didn't know if that was true.