Wednesday, November 24, 2010

feasting with friends

I think I've told you that I LOVE our preschool group.
I especially love it because we get to benefit from some AMAZING creativity that some of my friends have.

Olivia suggested we do a Thanksgiving feast.
She and her sister did ALL the work - we just showed up and ate and played.
It was so fun, and they did an amazing job, and made us feel so special with the way they hosted us and our kids.  But if you know them, this is no surprise to you, this is SOOO them!
Some of the best hostessess I've ever met!

They had the kids' table set so cute!
Before lunch, the kids all got to make pilgrim hats and collars,
and Indian vests.

Taylor hurt her lip the day before, so she was being a little dramatic with her smile.
Every last detail was so creative - down to the food on the kids' plates - turkey sandwiches, corn and pumpkin jigglers.

This would be the point that Mason was sitting in another room in a corner - because he was throwing a fit about wanting the princess chair. It took him awhile to pull it together and join his friends.
And if they hadn't gone to enough work already,
they also prepared an amazing lunch just for us moms!
And then for desert...

Our preschool group...
And we got to go home with these cute Mayflowers...
Thanks Leah and Olivia - you ladies put on a FABULOUS feast - we enjoyed it soooo much!

We decided we may have a Valentine's Party too - hopefully some of the rest of us can come up with some creative ideas so we can give Leah and Olivia a break!

3 comments:

Julie said...

How cool! And yes, Olivia and Leah are pretty amazing hostesses (and cooks). What a special day. LOVE IT.

Allen and Debby Graber said...

What fun!! I Love that!!

laura mcpherson said...

What FUN!! Totally wish I would have read this BEFORE I went to the store. I love the cupcakes. Sooo would have made those!