Thanks for all the congrats comments about our new little one! We are VERY excited! It's fun actually having kids that can understand (a little), and be excited. When Mason was born, Taylor was 16 months old. So she had no clue that my stomach was big, or that I had been sick for the first 3 months, or that a new baby was coming. This time I get to answer questions. Like...
how many more days till the baby comes? (Mason asks this one every other day)
where is the baby at?
can the baby hear us?
can I feel the baby?
can we name the baby ______? (insert various names such as Bobby, Big Bird, Goody, and same made-up names)
And of course they ask how the baby will come out. For me that's an easy one. All my babies get cut out of my tummy. So that's easy to explain. Some day when Taylor finds out it happens another way, she'll be shocked. They are just concerned about the knives that the Dr. will use.
Official due date is Dec. 1. We usually get to pick the date one week prior for a scheduled c-section. That just happens to be Thanksgiving Day. So we'll see what we end up picking. Either way, I'm sure this child will have a Thanksgiving birthday some years.
*******************************
Our whole Mother's day weekend was fun!
Out to breakfast on Saturday morning.
Garage sales
Barn Sale
Car Show
Nap
Handmade cards from the kids and Dave along with a SWEET surprise gift Sunday morning.
Lunch after church in Wichita (would have been better had Olive Garden not been almost a 2 hour wait)
Logan's Roadhouse was NOT even comparable and I don't think will see us ever again.
New DVD player for the car to help with our loooong road trip that is coming up
And then dinner cooked by my sweet hubby, along with the company of his parents too.
Pork Tenderloin, yummy potatoes, and corn on the cob. And I didn't do a thing.
Then Monday I felt awful. The worst yet.
Thank goodness it was warm enough for the kids to swim. They were in their swim suits at 10:30am and I planted myself outside on my comfy lounge chair all morning.
It was such a great weekend to reflect on the privelege of being Mommy to these 2 sweet kids.
And it was even sweeter to think of the little baby that will be joining our family in November. Not only a precious gift to Dave and I, but such a sweet and exciting gift for Taylor and Mason also.


2 comments:
What was your sweet gift? do tell! :o)
Adorable pictures of you and the kids! Happy belated Mother's Day!! Oh yay...a Thanksgiving baby! I AM one of those :) I kinda like when my birthday falls on Thanksgiving, because that means I'm surrounded with all the people I love ALL day!!
Congrats, again :)
Post a Comment