Having 3 bedrooms on our list to re-do all at the same time is a bit overwhelming.
Especially when I am feeling a bit "lost/confused" in my style lately.
It's weird. But I just feel my style changing so much.
Has that happened to any of you?
Has that happened to any of you?
Maybe that's natural. Maybe it's outside influence - blogs, magazines, or friends with great taste.
Maybe it's that new house that I started dreaming of all the things I'd do there and how it would look.
I think that is a huge part of it. I was excited about lots of windows and just the old house look and feel.
I was excited to redo some things that I would do differently if I was to do my current house again.
So needless to say, I've been searching the web for inspiration, ideas, new bedding, colors, etc.
And thank goodness for Pinterest!! Have you heard of it? Are you on?
Instead of filling my internet "favorites" with a mile long list of websites that would take me forever to sort through and find something - I am loving "pinning" all my finds on my boards.
In one place, so I don't have to forget where I saw something.
LOVE LOVE LOVE pinterest!! And I love following friends' boards who I know always find good things too! That makes the searching even easier! You can follow me at http://pinterest.com/abalzer/ .
It's just so weird how my style seems to be changing so much. I THINK.
I'm also not completely ready to get rid of some of my current style that I love.
Maybe pictures will help explain a bit more.
For example, nurseries.
The first nursery I got to do I was drawn to girly details, sophistication and chicness, and black and pink.
Now, I'm loving the vintage feel and bright colors!
I have beenVERY drawn to yellow, teal/turquoise and red combos.
And I just got my hands on a jenny lind crib for $10!!! And I'm pretty sure I'll be painting it yellow.
And then there's kitchens. Although we will not be redoing anything anytime soon, and I'm not really sure we will at all. Here's something I'd consider my dream kitchen a few years ago...
I used to love dark rich colors. Low lights were cozy to me. Loved anything that gave me a cabin or rustic feel (not that this kitchen does that).
But then I began dreaming of a bright, white kitchen with pops of color.
And then back to bedrooms.
I would have fallen in love with bedding like this...
And I do still like it. Reds, greens and browns always caught my eyes.
But now this is catching my eyes..
More color and brightness.
I'm leaning towards a pale bluish/gray wall color in our room. Just need to find bedding.
Have you ever searched for bedding?
Oh. my. goodness. The hardest thing ever!
I've spent hours and there just doesn't seem to be much that is what I have in mind.
I think I've checked every department and home type store possible.
I think I've checked every department and home type store possible.
Or at least what I DID find, it took me FOREVER to find it.
I went as far as looking at custom bedding on Etsy - but man, that stuff can get expensive!
And sheets??? WHOAH EXPENSIVE!! Especially when we have to buy deep pocket and I can find them hardly anywhere. We haven't had to buy sheets since we got married - so I guess this is my first real experience at buying sheets.
I'm having the same problem with bedding for Taylor and Mason. They'll be moving in together - using the bunk beds that were Dave's. Trying to come up with a gender-neutral room is hard. I'm trying to start with bedding and then pick wall colors after that.
But honestly, it looks like I MAY be making all of our duvet covers.
Dave doesn't believe I'll do it. And to be honest, I haven't quite commited. But the thought of being able to just buy fabric and get the exact look I want seems the way I may be going.
Although I am NOT ready to change all my rich colors to white or light colors, I am feeling ready for a change. It's that new house pursuit that did it to me. So we'll see what happens a little at a time.
But for now we'll stay focused on the bedrooms.
If you have any ideas for Taylor and Mason's room I would love to hear them!
That's definitely where I'm stuck the most.
Or if you have favorite places that you find bedding, sheets, etc.
10 comments:
Our house has lots of reds, greens, browns, etc. and I am wishing I could change things up! Like you, I now like white with bright! :) Good luck with the redecorating and figuring out the shared bedroom.
i love to buy bedding @ T.J. Maxx! their selection is always changing, and is so much cheaper! their sheets are a great buy, and the chances of someone having the same thing as you are slim!
I don't have any ideas for you, but I can't wait to see what you come up with! :) (and I love dreaming about decorating a new house someday!)
I found really cute Very Hungry Caterpillar bedding for my "shared bedroom". It was great because it had so many colors that the kids got to personalize their part of the room.
I love the bright kitchens! Good luck redecorating. I have a bathroom to repaint and I am dragging my rearend. Just need to get it done!
I think you should give the kids personalised bedding, look on pinterest and see what you find under 'shared kids bedroom' or similar. as long as the tones are similar it would look good - you might even get the same print but different colours if you choose to make your own bedding! good luck, I look forward to seeing the in progress and finished pictures!
i'm right there with you Amanda! the next house we live in is going ot be BRIGHT and cheerful with lots of windows! whatever you decide to though i know will be SO awesome! good luck!
Oh...that's why I saw you at TJ MAXX today!! Hee heeee!!!! There is another place here in town called Tuesday Morning that would also be good..there is one by Hobby Lobby out east and one on Tyler road near Kellogg...I love Anthropology stuff but it is outragously expensive!
Good luck!
my style has changed as well....I've been trying to convince Brian to paint our kitchen cabinets white for a while now and the room we painted camel last year is screaming to be painted gray. The bathroom and bedroom are on my radar too. The kids' rooms have been in transition for a bit, redoing three kids rooms is a major undertaking. Oh, if my budget could just keep up with my dreams haha. Good luck!
What a FUN post! I have totally been ignoring Pintrest. Afraid that I would just waste way too much time on there. But now I'm beginning to think it might save me some time :) I just might have to give in soon! A little organization of my thoughts and ideas would be a good thing!
I LOVE your "then and now" home decor tastes too. So fun! We have very similar "then" tastes. I am a very rich and cozy color/decor kinda girl. Not sure I'll ever change though! Good luck with bedding. I'll let you know if I think of any ideas. I really dislike bedding searches...there is just way.too.much!
Post a Comment