Now that our Christmas cards, or at least MOST of them, are mailed, I thought I'd reveal some of those family pictures that we had taken awhile back. I didn't want to spoil them before our Christmas cards went out.
I haven't done a card at all since we've been married...so this is a first.
I was so excited to do one this year now that our family is more complete!
This is also our first REAL family photos! Thanks to Meg D (love, love love her blog and her photography!) for the amazing photos! There are lots more shots to share...but I'll wait till all of our family gets their Christmas gifts before I do!
A couple of things I will do differently next year....
1. We will NOT get our pictures taken when it is 40 degrees outside (I know that sounds warm now compared to the zero degree weather we are having, but it was NOT then!)
2. I will not expect to get a single family picture with everyone looking at the camera...because it obviously won't happen. Candid is better anyway, right?
3. And oops...I won't ever do a 5x5 card again...did you know they cost 62cents to mail??? I didn't know that until after the fact. I know that doesn't seem like so much, but it sure adds up. I waited till the last possible moment to share this news with Dave.
I DO love the design job that Amanda with PitterPatter Cards did for me. You can connect with her at her etsy shop too. She worked so well with me, making every last detailed change that I wanted! Until I can become a photoshop pro, I might just have this done again for me next year!
More family pictures to come....AFTER Christmas!
2 comments:
Wow! I LOVE the card. :) The pictures are awesome! A tip about postage - sometimes you can get regular-sized envelopes to hold your 5" x 5" card, so you don't have to pay the extra! :)
that card is so cute amanda!
thanks for the props from your tutus post.
they would have been very fun to take pictures of dancing all around! it is so hard to get pictures of everyone looking...at least when they are little. then when they do all smile and look you'll miss the cute candidness of this age. :)
looks like you had a great christmas.
i loved taking your family photo. thanks for asking!
Post a Comment