But we couldn't bare the thought of missing Christmas Eve day with Dave's family...and all the traditions that we've been so excited for Taylor to experience this year.
I just can't imagine missing Santa at Drubers with the whole family, seeing the cousins play all day, Christmas eve service, yummy chili and opening gifts!
The night before, we were definitely preparing ourselves mentally/emotionally for a not-so-fun day at home.....by ourselves......with this stomach crud, thinking about all the fun everyone was having.
Thank goodness, Christmas eve morning Dave and I were feeling better and Taylor seemed to be okay. So it was just Mason and his yucky diapers we were still dealing with, but that too, seemed to be better. No fevers....and the nurse said that was the main thing to worry about as far as spreading it.
We couldn't stay home. Maybe we SHOULD have...but we couldn't.
So at the last minute...we were off....and met Dave's whole family at Drubers
for some yummy donut holes
and to see this guy...
I think for all Mason knew, he was sitting on papa's lap...I don't think he had a clue!
Taylor on the other hand, was not a big fan.
This is where she safely sat from a distance and watched as everyone else visited the jolly man!
We'd ask if she was ready to go tell him she wanted a doll house...and she just pointed to her donut holes and let us know she just wanted to sit and eat.
That's why she's missing from the cousin picture.
Santa even knew ALL of their names!!! Santa is Martin, the owner of the donut shop and good good friend of Dave's dad...so he gets to hear stories of these kids all the time!
As we were headed out the door, I tried to get Taylor to sit down with me for a picture...notice Santa is sitting as far to the side of his chair as he can, he told her "I'll sit WAY over here." Too bad her coat was on her, but you can still see that she wasn't so happy. Although, as soon as Santa said that he had a present for her, she finally was semi-okay...long enough to grab the gift and run!
I'm just glad we made it....a tradition that just can't be missed!
No comments:
Post a Comment