All 3 of these have been suggested to me by friends. Several girls I know are using the Transformation Journal as they journey through the bible, and they have had great things to say about it! So I am VERY excited about this one.
My friend Kendall has suggested the other two books to me: Wild at Heart -discovering the secret of a man's soul and Captivating - unveiling the mystery of a women's soul.
It's kind of funny that I have so many books on my wish list and am starting to collect a bunch of them...and I REALLY don't even like to read. I know that's horrible...I was a teacher and taught my student's how important reading is, but didn't even enjoy it myself.
But you know, even in 3rd grade we talked about each student needing to find what interests THEM. They really aren't going to enjoy reading until they find something they enjoy reading about.
Well, I've found something I enjoy reading about.
God. Stuff that really matters. Stuff that gives me purpose. Stuff that doesn't make me feel like I'm wasting my time reading. Now, I'm not knocking READING. I'm not saying reading is a waste of time. I know it's not. I just have NEVER been one to sit with a book and just read for enjoyment.
So anyway, I'm pumped about these books. And I have several more on my wish list too.
But for now...I'll focus on this one.
I got to join some amazing girls in a bible study this year. We are doing this book together:
Sacred Marriage - What if God Designed Marriage to Make us Holy More than to Make Us Happy?
Wow. Seriously???
That's hard to swallow.
I can tell this is going to be an incredible study, and I'm so excited about it. There were lots of things in Chapter 1 that stuck out to me, but one that specifically states that if marriage was designed to ONLY make us happy, we'd all be getting new marriages every 2-3 years. WOW again. Maybe this explains the 50% divorce rate in our country???
I can't wait to see what God has in store for me through this book, and my other new ones as well!!!
Thanks Jacquie for the great birthday presents!
3 comments:
I loved Captivating and Wild at Heart!! Both are great reads!
Enjoy!!!
Yep we did the transformation journal in my bible study and it is GREAT!! I read Captivating this summer and went through it with the teen girls..good as well!! You will like these!!
Post a Comment