I always try to share a bit of the newest season's fashion at my jewelry shows. I'm not an expert. In fact, I find the research kind of overwhelming. Lots of resources state different things. BUT, there are always a few trends that I see repeated across the board. And really all in all, you'll probably be pleased to know that the new trends aren't too far off last year - so I bet most of your 2010 pieces will still be very much in style!
So are you ready for a little spring????
Here's a hint: stripes, florals, and khakis—HUGE.
There will be lots of feminine details - sheer fabrics, lace, florals and ruffles
Banana Republic
Flowers on everything...

purse and sandels from Banana Republic
Old Navy
Old Navy
Old Navy
Old Navy
The HOT colors will be orange, green, honeysuckle, and blue. The combination of honeysuckle and vibrant blue means that we could be seeing some of the coolest and brightest looks we've seen in a long time. In one place I read that we should think CANDY COLORS!! The trick with color is that you want the right bold color near your face. Everyone has at least one bold color that looks good on them. Check out Spring's Color Palette to see examples of all the colors.
You'll also see lots of stripes - especially with a nautical theme
I am pretty sure this was from Kohls
Old Navy
And lots of military inspired/surplus looks...
Old Navy
Banana Republic
And when you're not participating the bright candy colors, neutrals will be a great look this season too...
Banana Republic
Another fun thing about this spring is that you'll be seeing lots of prints. But it’s not just the prints, it’s the mixing and matching of prints. This means you can have more creativity, it conforms to thrift-store shopping ethics, and lets you wear pieces you have in more ways than you ever thought possible. You can go as simple or as crazy as you'd like.
So there you go. A little peak at some spring. Hopefully that brought some sunshine to your day, and not just the urge to go spend lots of money! If so, don't blame me. Or at least take me with you.












2 comments:
I love the ruffled shirt from Old Navy. I might just have to get that for myself!
I think u have great style!! I have to get new clothes this summer cause of weight loss, hoping to be at my goal weight by end of April or very close! Thanks for the ideas!! Love it!! Bring on the skinny clothes!!
Post a Comment