We woke up this morning to this...
Which meant Dave was home.
And our house kind of got trashed.
I was pretty amazed at the mess that occurred on Dad's watch in just an hour or so before I was even out of bed.
But I'm not complaining, I got to sleep in.
And I got and extra long amount of time to sit and read while Daddy played with the kids.
Having Dave home means that the normal day-to-day stuff is a team effort.
Lunch time is my least favorite part of the day. So he happily takes over for lunch on the days he's home.
I'm so thankful for that.
I just bought Taylor a new one from Sam's so Mason was very excited to get her old one that has lots of pages left to do in it.
Then Taylor swept snow off the car right into Mason's face.
Daddy was trying to warm his face up with his hands, but he never recovered.
Taylor had a blast and didn't want to come in.
I eventually had to go inside and take pictures through the window.
Then before dinner, they were a little out of control.
We needed something NEW and exciting. When I shared my idea with Dave - he thought I was insane and thought it was such a dumb idea. But he agreed anyway.
He filled the tub with snow, and I filled water bottles and spray bottles with colored water (just used food coloring). They used spoons, cups, cake pans and a cupcake pan - and stayed busy for 45 minutes.
It was awesome! And Dave did agree it was a great idea. Although I can't take credit for the idea. I've seen and heard of this many times on other blogs and facebook. It was a huge hit!
After dinner we rented Ramona and Beezus from On Demand, and the kids loved it!
The movie ended with dancing,
so that's how we ended the day too!















5 comments:
What a fun day! I really like the "snow in a tub" although I'd worry about the food coloring discoloring clothing. Is that a problem?
I may have to steal this snow tub idea today! I just happen to have a big Rubbermaid tub sitting in the toy room! Corey may or may not have been asking me to do something with it for a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure this isn't what he had in mind, though. :)
Looks like a fun day!! I am happy that you got all the snow and we didn't this time!! No more snow days for me..we are already going 3days longer in May! And, I just love seeing Dave with his kiddos! During our good old days at
K-State I just knew that he would make an amazing dad and hubby one day!
What a fun day! I loved your addition of the spray bottles and colored water to the snow tub. Looks pretty cool! :) Glad you enjoyed the day with your family.
We LOVE Ramona and Beezus...one of my favorite movies! Sure loved the snow tub...great idea and looks like a fun day for everyone!
Post a Comment