Monday, September 10, 2007

FOOTBALL IS HERE!!!

This past weekend Dave and I went to KState's opening game of the season in Manhattan! Taylor stayed at home with Grandma and Grandpa just because it was going to be such a long day. We met up with our friends from Winfield and enjoyed some yummy tailgating food! It was an evening game and although the afternoon had gotten quite hot, the weather was great once we were in the shade! KState won 34-10 (I think) but didn't look the greatest! This was the first time for both of us to see Coach Prince in action!! Definitely much more emotions than Coach Snyder! We had lots of fun!To give you an update on Taylor we'll just tell you about some of her favorite things right now:
#1. A blanket, not just this yellow blanket, any blanket will do. She sleeps with it, plays with it and won't lay down without one usually!
#2. Crawling around and getting stuck in random places. Here she is stuck in the magazine basket. I did not see her do it, I just looked up and saw her INSIDE it!! It is lots of fun watching her problem solve to get herself out of situations.

#3. Playing with her friend Ollie. Ollie (Oliver) belongs to our friends Joel and Kendall (Kendall is who I job share with). We watch each other's kids on Mondays. They don't really get to play much together in the afternoons because when Taylor is up, Ollie is napping, and when Ollie wakes up, Taylor is napping. I did catch a few pictures the last couple of weeks during the short time they do play!


Taylor loves books and is trying to show Ollie her favorite one!
#4. She loves the word "dog". In fact, that's the only word she has distinctively said so far. I would bet she says this word 30 times a day!
#5. Taylor also loves to dance, maybe we can get this on video soon. The second she hears any kind of music she starts to bounce up and down and back and forth!
#6. People food....this is all she will eat anymore. No more baby food! It's interesting trying to come up with things she can eat now, but it's much easier putting food on her tray and letting her feed herself. Strawberries, mandarin oranges, carrots and American cheese are among her favorites!
Well, that's all for now! We are headed to Winfield for the Walnut Vally Bluegrass Festival this weekend...our fav. weekend of the year! Taylor is joining us for her first camping adventure! We'll be there enjoying the awesome weather, food, people and music from Thursday till Sunday!







No comments: