When you pass through the water, I will be with you; and when you pass through the waters, they will not sweep over you; When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... Isaiah 43: 2-3
Late last night we got the call that our 6 year old niece, Sydney, has been diagnosed with Leukemia.
I am still in shock today. Wishing so desperately this is just a dream.
This came out of no where.
She had been really tired lately, and her teacher at school said she just wasn't herself.
They took her for a checkup - and the same day got the diagnosis.
Today they are doing tests - determining what type, how bad, etc.
So we are asking for prayers - for little 6 year old Sydney, for her brother Jeremy, and their parents Jason and Stacy.
Dave's parents left in the middle of the night to catch an early morning flight to Detroit.
Please keep them in your prayers too - as his dad is still recovering from open heart surgery.
Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3, 6
I don't have many words right now.
We spent some time last night in prayer and conversation about the road we have been on with dear friends over the last almost 2 years.
The lessons God has taught us.
The truth he has revealed to us.
We are resting on these things right now.
Because really, what else can you do?
The verse in Isaiah 43 was one that was laid on my heart while following little Kate McRae's story.
It was one that her parents rested on A LOT.
So I ask that you begin to pray...
that as Sydney walks through this fire, that she will not be burned and that the flames will not set her ablaze.
and just like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in Daniel 3...
"They saw that the fire had not harmed their bodies, nor was a hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them"
We cry out that Sydney will come out of the fire with not a hair on her head singed, nor a smell of fire on her body.

17 comments:
I am so sorry. We will be praying for all of you. Keep us updated. Love you guys.
Oh Amanda. I am in tears. So sad to hear that. My mom is a cancer survivor, so I have experienced the painful rollercoaster that the "c" word can bring. Hang in there! We'll definitely pray for you all, especially for Sydney.
Praying for her and the whole family.
thinking of you today and praying for your sweet niece and their family.
so unbelievable...why do so many have to go through this! We'll be praying for your niece and family as well as for you guys as you walk beside them on this journey.
We will be praying for Sydney and the family.
I will be praying for Sydney and all the rest of the family.
I can't believe I just read these words. I will pray for Sydney and all of your family. This life is so hard; so glad God offers hope.
Prayers for your family and for little Sydney!
i am so sorry. keeping your family close in my thoughts. praying for you, your family and especially sydney. stay strong.
Amanda, I am so sorry.
Praying for sweet Sydney...
she's been on my mind all day.
praying.
Praying for you!♥
Praying for your family. We know all too well the pain, the questions, the unknown. God WILL hold on to all of you. May your family draw strength from God's Word and from each other.
I'm so sorry, Amanda.
Thinking of you all and praying.
Sydney and family will be in my prayers. Keep us posted.
So sorry to here about Sydney. Praying for her and your family.
Post a Comment