Winter storms are kind of my favorite weather. Not that I don't LOVE the sun and warm weather - I do. But I really really love winter storms. But that is probably very much due to the fact that I don't have to get out to work in them and I have the option of going no where. Had you asked me a few years ago while I was still working full time - I don't know if I loved them as much. Maybe because we NEVER got snow days. But man, that superintendent has definitely impressed so far this winter - man, those teachers have gotten 3 already!
But really - lots of my favorite things in one week - snow, going no where, having everything on my calendar cancelled, having my hubby home for 3 days...this combination makes for a great week!
I'd love to share with you all the fun and creative things we've done inside together. But having Dave home kind of messes with our routine - but I will not complain one bit! Honestly, we've just had a nice cozy, relaxing week so far. Nothing creative. Although I have LOVED reading about everyone else's snow-day activities!!We've just done lots of lounging, movie watching, fires all day, warm drinks, and lots of games played.
The kids did get outside with Daddy yesterday to help shovel the drive. Maybe not a lot of helping went on. The snow drifts were too exciting!
We did make snow ice cream last night.
And today we're getting ready for another showing on our house.
Dave went to work today, after having 3 days off, 5 in a row with the weekend before it. We agreed that we love the fact that he has a job that gives us these unexpected extra days as a family. And we are thankful that I have a job that can make up for it!
But now my poor hubby is outside working all day. Right now it feels like 1 degree. Only because I looked on the computer - not because I'm about to feel that myself. So we feel sorry for him. And for the other guys we know have been out there all week.
Hope you're all staying warm and SANE if you've been stuck inside all week! I think we have some more snow possible this weekend - oh my!


2 comments:
yikes! i barely made it out!! :)
looks like you guys are having a blast but when are you gonna come visit sunny california?! :)
Dave went to KID ROCK???? :-) That's hilarious. (I'm assuming that's the concert.)
Post a Comment