Our little girl is 5! She's been counting down all month.
Daddy made her this calendar and she was very religious about crossing it off each day.
On her actual birthday, she woke up not feeling great. As far as I knew, it was just the headache she complained about.
Although, I should have guessed something was up with the 2-3 nights before her waking us up 5,6, 7 times a night (guess we were getting our training before this new baby gets here).
She knew it was her birthday but I think she was confused about what day she actually turned 5, because she knew she still had 2 days till her party.
She tried to tell me she didn't really feel like going to Drubers and she was moving pretty slow after getting up. But then in conversation I mentioned that she was now 5 and her eyes lit up!
She said "NOW? I'm 5 right now?"
And we were off to Drubers with a little more bounce in her step!
We met Papa and Nana there and she was showered with cards and a fun birthday balloon.
The rest of the day went downhill.
I asked her what she wanted for lunch - told her she could pick anything.
She chose Dillons salad bar. She's definitely my daughter!
But then she didn't even feel well enough to eat it.
The afternoon was spent wanting to lay on mommy, hold mommy's hand, and stay in the same room as mommy. Poor thing ran a fever and cried because of her headache.
Her fever broke just before dinner time and she acted fine, so she begged to still go for her birthday dinner at Applebees.
At dinner we gave her a special 5th birthday present.
A personalized charm necklace that I found here and LOVE!
And she loves it just as much too!
It has her name on one charm and "Big Sister" on another.
We thought her 5th birthday was a memorable one for a "big sister" necklace since she's about to become the BIG big sister very soon.
So far she takes SUCH good care of it - we had to explain this is a REAL necklace, not one of her play necklaces. She takes it off at home and just wears it when she goes places. She knows the "jewelry rules".
Then the rest of the night went downhill again.
She missed preschool the next day, missed taking cupcakes for her birthday and getting to bring Jingles, the class pet home for the weekend.
But thanks to good neighbor friends - Ollie brought Jingles home to her on Friday!
I'm not sure that anything made her day like that did.
We PRAYED she'd be well for her party on Saturday and no more fever so we wouldn't have to worry about cancelling.
Thankfully our prayers were answered - she was fine all day Saturday and so excited for her party!








5 comments:
i saw her wearing that Sunday and thought it was SO cute. i may be using your idea for Ava....
How sad to feel lousy on one's birthday. She must have loved her necklace!! Just like mommy! I love her blue eyes!!
I had forgotten the kids share a birthday too! What a bummer she wasn't feeling well. We did a party on Saturday but I have a feeling yours was much more glamorous than ours! We were really low key this year. I'm planning a big 5th bday next year...at least that is what I'm saying now :) Hope you are well!
So glad she was better for her party!! She's so sweet. Love her necklace and that she knows the "jewelry rules." Looks like you made her day really special even though she didn't feel well and I can't wait to see party pics!
Beautiful girl! What a special picture of her with her daddy.
Post a Comment