Friday, May 18, 2012

a mother's day hike

Mother's Day evening we took a hike.  Mostly because I wanted to do a little photo practice as I was finishing up my online SnapShop photography course.  What an AMAZING course! I still can't believe I WON it in a giveaway!
  Ashley's course was seriously so easy to follow.  ANYONE could learn to shoot in manual and get the most out of your camera, with Ashley as the teacher.  She explained things so well, and included examples as she went.  It was self-paced.  Which of course meant that I was finishing a lot of it up the night before it ended.  But when I was zoned into the course, I didn't want to stop, I was always so pumped for the next lesson.  It's been so fun learning to shoot in manual.  I don't think I could ever go back now.







And then our trail ended and we came out to this.



Wheat fields.  Evening sunlight.
What a great photo opp.


But then my camera battery died.  So I pulled out my phone for this last shot.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

You made Dave go hiking?!!! GASP! He must really love you! And you're pictures look lovely! You'll have to show me a few pointers. I still don't get manual :(