Saturday, June 22, 2013

More Disney {Animal Kingdom}

Day 3 of our Disney trip started off with a Character Breakfast at our resort.  Lots of characters came to the resort just for Premier's group.  The lines to see them were still long but they were much better (and cooler) than at the parks.  It was a nice little treat.  It was still a good thing the kids weren't all that into it, so we didn't have to stand in line after line.  They chose 2 lines and then were done.
The night before is when they had met Mickey, and as fun as it would have been to get a picture with Mickey and Minnie together, they were happy enough just seeing them walk through.
 
 
Aunt Stef surprised them all with Mickey and Minnie shirts to wear together!





Premier fed us breakfast every day (except the two days we were there in addition to the Premier trip).  It was so nice to be able to fill our tummies full before heading to the parks...for free!
The other mornings we had cereal in our room.  This is a huge tip for anyone planning a Disney trip in the future...take as much breakfast food as you can and eat before you head out.
 



And it was off for Animal Kingdom.


 

 
Animal Kingdom has a handful of rides, but not as much as Magic Kingdom. It's pretty much a zoo on steroids.  And it has lots more shade than Magic Kingdom.
 
 

 
We loved the Mt. Everest rollercoaster!  This was the other one that Mason couldn't do, so we had a few meltdowns, but he found a few other things to make up for it.
 
 
And there were parades, just like Magic Kingdom.


I heard that the staff at Disney said this was the hottest June they've had in a long time.  I don't how the characters survived those costumes.  We were drenched of sweat all afternoon.
 
 
A 45 minute break in the air conditioning was amazing.  And so was the Lion King show. I heard it was very much like the Broadway version of The Lion King.




 Mason was petting a snake, and I stayed on the other side of the glass.
 
Seriously, that stroller was the best thing ever.
 



It's funny that my kids love twists and turns and drops on roller coasters, but when dinosaurs that look like they are coming down to eat you are involved, they weren't too impressed.
I love this picture of all of us.
  This was the only ride they kids did not want to ride again the entire trip.


 I think I'll have one more post for you and a pretty cool story too!
Surely I can get it done before we head off for vacation #2!




post signature

No comments: