I think this year more than any, I need to look back at these pictures myself to remind me there were some good times in the midst of all the mess of sickness that is still going on.
I won't share the details with you, no one has time for that.
But at this point I feel like I could either write a book detailing our sagas, scream at the top of my lungs or just laugh. Instead, I've kind of reverted to tears, feeling pretty discouraged.
Praying soooo much that our New Year starts better!
So how about some GOOD memories of the holiday season....
I won't share the details with you, no one has time for that.
But at this point I feel like I could either write a book detailing our sagas, scream at the top of my lungs or just laugh. Instead, I've kind of reverted to tears, feeling pretty discouraged.
Praying soooo much that our New Year starts better!
So how about some GOOD memories of the holiday season....
Our Christmas Eve started at Drubers for free donuts and Santa.
Gavin was fearless. He is our first 2 year old to sit on Santa's lap willingly.
Right about the time he started realizing he was a little nervous, Santa gave him a bag of treats, so he won his heart over.
This was really Mason's first year to sit on his lap willingly too.
He definitely had his nervous-tongue-sticking-out going on.
He definitely had his nervous-tongue-sticking-out going on.
Then back to Nana and Papa's for some fun with cousins, presents and chili. We are normally all together for most of the day until bedtime. But we cut it all short in hopes to not expose the healthy ones who were heading to Michigan right after Christmas.
Taylor was pretty excited to get a box of sewing supplies and a note telling her that she would get sewing lessons from Nana. She didn't know at this point that she'd be getting my old sewing machine Christmas morning.
And then Christmas morning, it was just the 5 of us. My parents have postponed their trip for the first weekend in January when we are hopefully all better. At this rate, we'll be lucky if we are.
Mason says his favorite gift of all was the basketball. Although Dave and I were so excited to give him the KSU helmet and jersey he's been asking for for months.
And Taylor has been sewing up a storm making pockets, pillows and a little purse. And she joined the Rainbow looming fad as well....so our wrists are all covered with bracelets.
Here's to hoping that the turn of the calendar brings some good health to our family!
And hopefully my kids can enjoy a few good days of break with mommy and daddy both feeling well before they head back to school...
just to bring home more germs.
sigh.....
Here's to hoping that the turn of the calendar brings some good health to our family!
And hopefully my kids can enjoy a few good days of break with mommy and daddy both feeling well before they head back to school...
just to bring home more germs.
sigh.....






















No comments:
Post a Comment