Saturday, June 14, 2014

back in april {taylor's sharing chapel}


Way way back in April, Taylor's first grade class had their day of  Sharing Chapel.  Each grade level gets one month a year to share their talents, quote scripture, and perform for their families and the rest of the elementary classes.  

 

This year, Taylor and her friend Ellie, sang Amy Grant's "Thy Word".

 

 It was seriously precious hearing those two sweet voices singing 
"Thy word, is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path..."


It never fails, I get teary eyed listening to these kids sing praises to the Lord and memorize scripture.



And just like that, first grade is over.  We are enjoying our summer so much!  It feels so good to not be on that strict school year schedule.  But things are about to get b.u.s.y.
Hopefully I'll get my big camera out a bit more this summer and get over this writer's block of not knowing what to blog about.  Because goodness gracious, otherwise my blog is going to turn into a health/fitness blog, and we can't have that can we?  
I kind of want to roll on the ground laughing at that because it's so far from the "normal me" than I can even imagine!  But hey, that's where I am right now.  So thanks for sticking with me as I shared some of my journey.  And thanks to those of you who texted, emailed or left me FB comments/messages of encouragement. I never ever want to come across like I'm saying everyone should do what I'm doing.  No way HOSEA!  Believe me, I sat there and didn't care one iota about this kind of stuff ever before.  But for those who have reached the point that you are ready, wanting, and needing change...I hope that little ole', bad habit, Pepsi drinkin', ranch dressing douser, batter lickin' me, can be an encouragement to you just like others were for me.

And in case you were wondering...I made it. 
5 days of raw foods only.  Fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds.  I didn't starve, I didn't just nibble and snack. I ate more food this week than I have probably ate in 1 week in my entire life.
I never thought I'd do it.  It was more mental than anything.  But I'm learning that I can be more disciplined about food than I ever thought I could be.  And that is going to be a life-changing skill.

 I've never been so excited to wake up and eat eggs or oatmeal.  Heck, I think I'll be having both.


post signature


No comments: