We love basketball in our house. Dave played in high school, I played in high school and we are dreaming of years of watching our kids play too. So far they are showing a huge interest...yay!
This was Taylor's second year playing and second year of me coaching her team. She improved so much this year. Last year she scored one basket all season, on the last game. This year I'm pretty sure she scored every game...sometimes a handful of baskets.
It's so fun playing on a team full of classmates and friends! I didn't get many pictures of the girls. Being the coach kind of makes that hard. And I forgot to ask Dave to snap some for me.
Saturday mornings were seriously just the best. Watching those girls have so much fun, play so hard and actually figure out the game is just awesome.
This was Mason's first year of basketball. He decided at the very last minute he wanted to play. He didn't get signed up in time to play with his friends, but he still got on a team with one of our friends as the coach. He didn't seem to care he wasn't playing with the boys from school...all he cared about was playing basketball.
PURE JOY. Those are the only words I can come up with to describe watching that kid play. He's the smallest one out there, but so quick, and dribbled that ball like we couldn't even believe. I can't describe how awesome it is to watch your kids come alive doing something they love.
And while we're on basketball...
Mason got tickets to Harlem Globetrotters for Christmas!
The whole week before, he was a sick little guy. Missed 8 days total of school. We prayed and prayed he'd be able to go to the game. Thankfully his prayers were answered and he was fever free for a window of about 48 hours in the middle of 9-10 day stretch of yuckiness.
Looking at these pictures I can tell Mason had been through the ringer. But I'm so glad he was feeling up to making the game.
Our favorite part was cheering on "Flight Time", one of the players that was on Amazing Race a few seasons back. We didn't know he was still playing, so when he ran out on the court we were SO excited! I think the cotton candy and dippin dots came in a close 2nd to being the favorite part.
And then the end of the game came, and they noticed all the other kids who had gotten the $25 basketball to stand in line and get signatures. We opted out, since we have an abundance of balls at home and didn't really want to deal with them fighting over one ball. Horrible parents we are. Horrible. This sent one of our kiddos into complete hysteria. Our night ended about as far from a happy ending as you can get.
Real life I tell ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment