BRANSON
The first weekend of July we went to Branson with our good friends Joel and Kendall and their baby Oliver. We went to Dixie Stampede and spent a day on Table Rock Lake. It was a VERY enjoyable weekend. Taylor stayed with Gma and Gpa D. that weekend, but met us at the lake.

RALLY
The 2nd weekend in July, I spent 4 days in Ft. Worth, TX for Premier's National Rally! It was my first year as a "Designer" (leadership). It was fun to learn that being in leadership means I am in the top few percent of the company! I got to attend special leadership only sessions, as well as a semi-formal leadership dinner! Such a fun weekend with the girls and always one of the highlights of my summer! This is a pic of me and one of my newest Premier "daughters"....it was her first time at rally!

JILL'S WEDDING
The 3rd weekend in July, we went to Kansas City for one of my college sorority sister's wedding. It was SO much fun seeing all my college girlfriends! Taylor had SO much fun when the music started at the rece
ption. She sat on the edge of the dance floor just breaking it down!
ption. She sat on the edge of the dance floor just breaking it down!

THE ZOO
One of Dave's good friends from college came to visit us with her husband and little boy in July. We went to the zoo, it was Taylor's first time! We saw a very NEW baby giraffe and baby rhino! We also got a VERY good close up of the lion!

FLOAT TRIP
The first weekend in August, Dave and I went on a float trip with 2 other couples. We floated on the Elk River in Noel, MO. Oh my, was it hot! We floated for 6 hours, camped and took turns making several yummy meals! Our friends borrowed a pop-up camper from a relative, so 4 of us slept in that. It was a spitting image of the pop-up my family had when I was growing up. No AC, but at least we could plug in fans! It was lots of fun and we hope to make it a annual tradition! Sorry, no pics! I wasn't going to risk taking the nice camera on a canoe!
POOL TIME
Another highlight of the summer for Taylor, was getting her very own pool! She loves the water! She learned quickly that she was going to have to share though!

COUSINS
Our summer ended with a visit from Dave's brother and sister-in-law, Jason and Stacy, and our nephew and neice, Jeremy and Sydney.

And now, the end. Our summer is officially over tonight. Tomorrow I start back to school. The kids start on Thursday! I had a blast this summer being home with Taylor and am looking forward to only having to work part time so I can spend more time with her! Hopefully, as we get into a routine when I go back to work, I'll do better at keeping up with our blog! Hopefully everyone hasn't given up on us and decided not to even check this anymore! Happy back to school for anyone that pertains to!



1 comment:
Hey, that was a nice recap of your summer. Yes, I had given up on looking at your blog, well not completely given up but sorta so so. So much for us getting together this summer! Time flies.
Post a Comment