Today I turned 27. I THINK! Well, okay, I know, because I figured it out. But all year long I didn't know if I was 26 or 27....sometimes I said I was 26 sometimes 27. Last year on my birthday, I thought I was turning 27. So I think that's why I've been confused all year. Hopefully this year I'll get it straight.
The day started at 6am...nope, not breakfast in bed or a sweet morning kiss from my husband...but 2 kids screaming their heads off from their rooms.
I thought it was a dream. They don't wake up that early...well, maybe Mason SOMETIMES, but not that upset. I must have been sleeping hard, because I think Mason screamed long enough that it woke Taylor up. So at 6am we were all up...well, except Dave...he was still dead to the world, sick in bed.
I would have loved to just make the most of it and have that "oh well, let's have a good day" attitude. But I was not feeling the greatest either...I just can't seem to get rid of this icky stuff. Needless to say, it was not a fun day. We luckily got to sleep for a couple of hours in the afternoon and woke up feeling a little better...even Dave. He even suggested we go out to dinner for my birthday. We were suppossed to go to our small group tonight, but figured we'd be better off not going and exposing everyone. So instead, we decided to take the kids to grandma and papa's and go out for dinner to Aggies in Hesston.
This wasn't the most ideal birthday dinner...I went with no makeup and jewelry (no jewelry, can you believe that!)...it was hard enough getting out of my sweats. Neither of us were feeling the greatest, I'm sure we looked quite pathetic sluggishly walking into the restaurant and climbing into the booths where we both probably could have just LAID...but we needed some good food which our house is empty of. It was nice just to get out of the house.
We came home, put the kids to bed and now Dave's asleep on the couch. It's always so sad when he's so sick. Poor thing. I just wanted to hug all over him for wanting to take me out to dinner even though he wasn't feeling the greatest...how nice of him. I decided not to hug all over him though...I'm trying to keep my distance so I don't get what he has.
He apologized so many times today that I was having such a rough birthday...of course, he didn't need to do this, and there was nothing that was his fault...but he made me feel better every time he said it. He said that we'd continue to celebrate all weekend at bluegrass! (That's a whole other post....what is going on with bluegrass?? The flooding has completely changed everything...it's hard to even make a plan because we just don't know what to expect when we get there.) Yes, we're both under the weather and STILL planning to go to the festival...that's DIE HARDS for ya!!! Yesterday as Dave was practically on his death bed (ok, a little exaggeration), I said "we may be better off not going to Winfield this year"...his answer in all of his pain and suffering was "we'll just take one day at a time"...there was no way he was giving in YET!!!
So another year of my life down. 27 sounds kind of old to me. It's the first age that has made me think of 30. Looking back over this year, I just have to smile....what a great year....
Mason joined our family,
we found a new church home that we LOVE,
Premier has had the best year ever...doubling and almost tripling the year before,
and I finished my job as a teacher to stay home full time with the kiddos!
All of that just makes me feel so blessed and thankful!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday! I had the ick last week and it's still lingering a bit. Sorry your household has to endure it also. Celebrate your birthday again when you are all better.
I have trouble remembering how old I am too. Every year I have to ask Tim how old I am or I have to do the math.
happy 27th!
Sorry you guys have been so sick :( Hope you get to make it to Winfield and hope you have a great time!!
Happy Birthday Amanda! I hope everyone starts feeling better and you have a great time in Winfield!
Happy Birthday!!! See you at Bluegrass... I mean the lake... maybe. :)
Post a Comment