Those days are over now.
But at least he has another fun job! At Bass Pro in Springfield!
It's fun taking the kids there while Papa's working - we always get to see him and sometimes he gets to spend his breaks with us. It wasn't much fun that he had to work everyday we were there visiting. But I guess we're used to him having to work holidays - since he had to be away from us many Thanksgivings and Christmases growing up. Maybe one of these days he'll have a job somewhere that actually closes down and is NOT open on holidays. So far Bass Pro or the fire station have not given him those benefits.

Each time we go, the kids get braver and braver!

We went for a VERY special reason this time!

So many fun things to do...





It was fun having my cousin, Hannah, with us too! She was great with the kids and had some energy for them when we were beat!


But of course the main reason we were there was to see SANTA!!!
They waited SO patiently.

And when it was time, they didn't want to sit on his lap.

But this was okay. It's better than tears and not wanting to go close to him at all.
So they just stood and chatted. Taylor told him that she'd like a bike and a bathrobe. Mason just stared. But I can guarantee you that if he WAS to have told Santa what he wanted, it would have been CARS!! The boy is obsessed. It's quite cute actually. Yes, he likes all cars...but he holds a special place in his heart for Lightning McQueen! And of course Mater and Mack too.
They take FREE pictures for you too!

Santa was nice and flexible gave up his seat so I could hold the kids and still get a good picture without having to put them in HIS lap. Thanks Santa!
And I have to say that having a grandpa that works there sure has it's perks. We got there around 4:30 and they were already giving out time slots to see Santa in the 7:00 hour. I'm not sure if those people just hang out the whole time or leave and come back. But I'm sure glad we didn't have to worry about that. My dad got us a 5:00 time slot! Thanks Dad!
Oh yeah, and Dad, surely your discount works on these....RIGHT!?!?!

Because they sure would love to have these sitting in our driveway on Christmas morning!
The kids of course, not us.
2 comments:
Amanda,
Taylor's smile is just so adorable!!! I love how she smiles with her whole body, it makes me smile!!
Fun pictures!!
This is so fun! I have some friends in KC and their kids call the Bass Pro Shop the "Dead Animal Zoo!" FUNNY!
Post a Comment