I love thinking back on that day.
I wanted a winter wedding.
BADLY.
A Christmas wedding was my first choice.
But 2 weeks later was close enough.
It was freezing cold. Guess that's pretty typical for January, huh?
4 days before the wedding, there was HUGE ice storm that hit a big portion of our state.
We got a winter wedding.
5 years ago today (or this week), many of you from the area, were sitting in your homes without power.
And many of you who are reading this were with us that day. You braved the weather, and the roads and headed to Winfield to help us celebrate. And you thought we were crazy when we rode away in this...

See, my dream was to go off in a horse-drawn sleigh. Well, sleighs are a little harder to come by, and to arrange that in advance you have to KNOW there will be snow on the ground. So Dave arranged this - and surprised me!! As you can tell.

Because I was so concerned about slipping and falling, my eyes were glued to the ground, so I didn't see the carriage until I was pretty much directly in front of it!
Everyone asked if we were freezing. But between the animal skin blankets the driver gave us and the adrenaline and pure excitement - I don't remember being cold at all!
Here's a little glimpse into the beginning of US...



That night we stayed here...


It was still decorated for Christmas and it was SOOO cozy! We didn't stay long. Checked in late that night after our reception and headed to the airport the next morning after a delicious breakfast that was on the table waiting for us. We were off to CABO!
Some year we'll go back.
But for tonight - we'll be sticking close to home. But still getting away and enjoying some time together here...

The Hotel at Old Town - I am SOOOO excited - historical hotel with a great view, and a suite with a hot tub!
And tomorrow night, we're going to see THIS GUY...

The first concert at the brand new Intrust Arena !!
5 wonderful years.
To this incredibly good-looking and wonderful man.

That God has so graciously blessed me with.
I'm so excited to spend this weekend just being US.
12 comments:
Congratulations! The Hotel at Old Town is beautiful!!!
Awww! Happy Anniversary to you guys!
It's my mom and dad's anniversary too. :) 37 years today!
I remember your wedding and the icy roads! I also remember the first time David told me about meeting you. You are a very lucky woman indeed. Congratulations to both of you! :)
Have a great weekend! Brad Paisley is very good in concert!! I too remember making the drive to your wedding and everytime Seth and I see huge icicles we think about driving to Winfield and watching them drop off the power lines!! And likes another person said I remember hearing all about you from Dave and getting the call from him that he proposed! You guys are perfect for each other and both very lucky!!
Happy anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful weekend together - just the two of you!
I am so incredibly jealous. Brad Paisley! Phhhbbtttt to you again. : )
The Hotel at Old Town is great! Enjoy. And happy anniversary.
Congrats to you both! Hope you have a wonderful time!
Am so excited for you!! Congratulations sweet lovers!
Remind that son in law of mine how
happy I am that he wanted to marry you. There could not have been a better choice as far as the very best husband!
I did not mean for that last comment to remain anonymous. I just clicked on the wrong category.
Hi! We got married on the same day! Only we were in Manhattan. Happy Anniversary!
Enjoy the concert!
(I am a friend of Sarah F. I saw your blog on her blog.)
Kelly
http://akboyd.blogspot.com/
What a sweet, sweet post! Congratulations on five years of wedded bliss..you too seem perfect for each other! Your pictures are beautiful! Here's to many, many more fun anniversaries!
Post a Comment