A year ago today, our hearts were broken.
We miss you Cora.
We're so glad you're with Jesus.
We love you Joel, Jess and Levi.

Yesterday morning we showered our dear friend Jess, and her little boy Levi - with lots of love!
I had a blast helping plan this shower!
Are you ready for to see all that cute blue and green I told you was coming??
Here's what Kendall and I were sewing up...

I've wanted to make one of these for a long time - so what a perfect excuse to do it - and now I know how, thanks to Heather! And thanks to Kendall for knowing more about sewing then I do!
Heather typed up detailed, step-by-step instructions for Kendall and I to follow. It made it SO easy! If you want the instructions you can contact her via her blog or email me and I can send them to you!
I'll start you off with your supplies:
I bought quarters of coordinating patterned fabric (one quarter is pretty close to what you'll need for one triangle (back and front)
Then I got a quarter of solid fabric to use for the letters.
You will need an iron-on fusible web for the letters. Heather suggested this one.
Matching thread
2-3 yards of ribbon to hang the triangles on
Letters printed from your computer in the size and font of your choice
So go get your supplies and then we can get you the instructions! They are just too long to put on here I think.
Moving on...
I found this picture online...(shoot, I forgot where)

So I sent her some fabric scraps - so they would coorinate with other fabrics we were using, and she sent these back...

They are made out of washcloths and baby spoons.
This picture (again, sorry I didn't keep track of where I got it), inspired a whole other idea...

I knew Heather did silhouettes - you've gotta check out her Etsy shop!
So we chatted, shared ideas and AGAIN, Heather said she'd do them!
Luckily, Jess was cooperative and sent me side profiles, not really knowing how they were being used.
I sent Heather measurements of my mantle and told her how I was kind of envisioning it all together...she took my ideas, and sketched out a little picture. Seriously, this girl is amazing. She even mailed me the green ribbon and the chipboard letters so our job to put it together was SO very easy!
This is the finished product...

We shed some tears over this.
Tears seeing the 4 of them pictured together.
Levi's name means "joined", so we wanted to incorporate that.
The chipboard letters spell out "a family joined"

What a precious, precious family - that WILL be JOINED again one day.
There's another wonderful lady who contributed to the shower.
The lovely Sara, at Sarah + Abraham did our invitations...

Check her out , her designs are absolutely adorable, a great place for gifts and invitations of any kind! You will love them!
She also did the stickers for these adorable cupcake toppers...

I got this cupcake stand after being inspired by my friend Bethany at Hissyfits blog. You're suppossed to be able to get them at Michaels - using a 50% off coupon of course. But unfortuneately, after 2 attempts, they STILL didn't have them on their shelf. So I ordered here.
Added some ribbon - and VOILA!!
You can switch the ribbon to coordinate with any theme or occasion.
I can't even express in words how grateful we are to Heather and Sara for helping us with this shower. Their contributions and ideas helped make all the details absolutely perfect for Jess and Levi! It has been so fun to get to know some of these amazing women out in "blog world" a little more personally. Thank you ladies!
Okay, are your ready for some more...
Wanna know about the poms poms hanging from the ceiling?
We made them with the help of Martha Stewart.
Go here for the tutorial. They were actually quite easy!


Malachi 2:4-6
Kendall made the adorable frame with her awesome photoshop skills!

Kendall did such a sweet job of putting all of this together. I believe most of the verses we used came from this the book "Praying the Scriptures for Your Children" which I just recently purchased and LOVE!
We had such a wonderful time, eating and visiting, and honoring Jess.



We were so blessed to have Julie (far left) there to help us honor Jess. Please continue to pray for sweet Calla and the Johnson family, that they can bring their little girl home soon for a shower of their own!
14 comments:
Looks like a really sweet shower for Jess. I secretly stalk you, Kendall, and Jess almost everyday. It's just nice to keep up with friends you don't see all the time. Miss you. Glad you found my blog!
Looks like the shower turned out beautifully! Loved all the sweet little details...you all have an amazing network of friends and that is such a blessing. Yay for you! Still praying for the Macs and sweet Calla.
Oh my my my..you guys are the best friends! This puts the shower I had recently to shame!! The decorations were so great!! I loved it!
Heather
Okay, you really gave me way too much credit here. You guys were totally the brains behind the whole thing! It was just an honor to be a part of such a special day. Your house looked sooo cute! :)
What an adorable shower!! You did such a great job with all the little details...it was perfect! You girls are so creative, and it sounds like you had some awesome help :)
Congrats to the Macs! Thinking about Cora today, and knowing that sweet Calla has one special little angel watching over her.
Looks great Amanda! You guys put a lot of work into it and I'm sure Jess felt very honored. Sorry I couldn't make it. Looks like it was a lot of fun.
why wasn't i invited?
HA HA HA HA HA HA
i am a total dork.
it looks like it was so perfect! heather is so thoughtful. and the invites were so pretty. so so nice.
i wish i would've been there. and not sitting at my house in my pajamas forgetting about it completely!
DORK.
Great job-Beautiful friends..thinking of them today..with a heavy heart and lots of tears..What a wonderful support systems they have..What wonderful friends.
Kim
I follow Jess' website and saw this post... just wanted to say you girls are the best. I love that God provides such amazing friends for His people along the way. He knows just what we need and when we need it.
Beautiful shower - I'm totally impressed!
-Stef, from Washington State :)
wow, really, really cool! I came over from meg's blog. I must know, what are those amazing looking dessert (?) things by the scripture? Kelly
What an amazing shower! You and Kendall did such a great job! Reading the post about you planning it, and then reading this post, made me long for Newton SO much! I so badly wish I could've been there to help plan and be there for the day! I've been thinking of you all lots!
Just getting around to commenting on this post... looks like the shower turned out wonderfully. So many beautiful and meaningful details. Great job! Fun to see all the pics!
Everything looks great. Will you share your yummy looking dessert recipe?
Your mom post was so very good...and this is just beyond wonderful. What a priceless treasure you all are to a treasure of a woman. I'm just someone who has followed the story, and prayed from afar. This is so touching, and seems perfect.
Post a Comment