I had several comments and emails after the baby shower post - asking about the yummy pink desert that was served at the baby shower.

And I was VERY slow to respond to them.
So here it is - thanks to Kendall for sharing...
I don't really even know the name of it.
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. sugar
Mix those together until smooth and fluffy. Then, add 10 oz. frozen strawberries, med. can crushed pineapple, and 2 sliced bananas. Once that's all mixed together--fold in 8 oz. cool whip. Spoon into 9x13 pan, and freeze.
ENJOY!
*****************************************
On another note, I wanted to say THANK YOU for all the encouraging comments after exposing myself and letting you all know that I am FAR from having it all together here at my house. You wouldn't believe how hard that was for me to post. One night, I even posted it and then freaked out and took it off. BUT, some how it was still accessible, even after deleting it. I have NO idea how. But the next morning I woke up to a comment that someone left me through facebook because it wasn't letting her comment on blogger. She went out of her to way to tell me how encouraged she was by my post. This is after I freaked and unposted it. SO, I put it back on. It's just hard to be vulnerable and share our weaknesses sometimes. BUT, all along, my only purpose in doing it, other than for my own personal journaling, was that I hoped that it would help and encourage someone. To allow SOMEONE to know they aren't the only one who struggles with those things. I was so encouraged by your comments.
So thank you.
**********************************************
We've had a rough week and a half here at this house.
First I was sick.
Then the kids.
I'm PRAYING Dave doesn't get it.
It seems like it takes FOREVER to get back on track.
And the world just keeps spinning by when our lives come to a hault here at home.
So much to do.
So many deadlines.
Lots of stress.
My plate is FULL.
But, at the same time - I am thankful for the opportunities I have been given.
Opportunities to serve others.
A VERY special day on Sunday to celebrate our little guy's 2nd birthday.
A weekend coming up to get away and focus on my marriage.
And a new bible study that we started yesterday that reminded me to DRAW NEAR to HIM.
When life is crazy, and out of of control, and stressful and emotional...
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. – Matthew 11:28-30
I know things will slow down. I THINK they will anyway.
I can survive.
Especially when THIS is coming up in about 3 weeks...


Oh, how I need that sun and warmth.
And relaxation.
And FUN.
What a PERFECT year to be headed to the Carribean Islands.
The year that winter has been hard and long.
And this is coming from someone who LOVES winter.
I'm so done with it though.
I think I will enjoy that Carribbean sun more than I've ever enjoyed sun in my LIFE.
2 comments:
Girl -- Thank you for the recipe! I can't wait to try it! I, too, want to thank you for the post about how you "really" live. I felt like you were typing the events in my life! So even though it was hard, you were MEANT to post it! I am SICK of winter too. I am glad I'm not the only one...
Sounds yummy.....can't wait to try it out!!!!!
Post a Comment