Saturday, August 21, 2010

surely I'm not the only one who's done this

Dishes sitting in the sink.
Out of time.
Lots of people coming to my house.
The dishwasher was full
And washing by hand was not an option at this time.

So I hid them.


As long as I remember to get them out before I preheat the oven.
Writing this post reminded me that they are still in there.
Dave hasn't even found them yet.

And obviously I should clean the bottom of the oven too.

7 comments:

Danelle said...

i've done that. i've thrown a dishtowel over them before too.

Rosa said...

Yep. Done that, but I actually forgot and did preheat the oven. Luckily nothing melted..... or caught on fire.

Anonymous said...

thanks for once again keeping it real! and thanks for the great idea...i have just left them in the sink...i like the way your mind works, lol!!!

:)linda

A Family of Love said...

Yep! I've done that lots of time! Glad I'm not the only one!

Julie said...

i LOVE that! so funny! thanks for sharing the good idea... i just don't know that i would be smart enough to remember to take them out before preheating the oven for dinner :)

Allen and Debby Graber said...

Ha! Ha! I've done it too!

Anonymous said...

My mom used to do that! (maybe still does?) Love it. Also have to make sure a nice hand towel is hanging on the oven handle so no one can peak in at the dishes. :)