Tuesday, August 10, 2010

to sum it all up

For the past 2 weeks we've been recovering from the past almost 2 months.
Why does it have to take so long? 
It seemed like June 23 was the day we said bye-bye to our normal routine.
That was the day before we left with our community life group to Colorado.
Since then, we were gone more than we were home it seemed, we had no REAL food in the house till this week, our routine is shot, we're tired, I'm REALLY tired, things are getting done slowly.
I am ready to slow down. Ready for fall.
Ready to just be normal again and for my kids to be normal again too.

Our traveling isn't quite done.  We're headed to Tablerock this weekend to see my family!

So to sum up what's been going on around here..

Dave was in a wedding 2 weeks ago, one of his best friends from college got married- we got to see TONS of our college friends, it was a blast.  We cut it close on the tux, didn't know we were supposed to pick it up.  Nothing like picking his tux up the morning of the wedding - HOPING it fits. All was good though.






*************************
In July, I went to Ft. Worth for Premier's National Rally - one of my favorite weekends of the year!
The first night was a concert by Point of Grace. They performed last year too.
This year they were decked out in Premier jewelry!
Just some of us, on red,white and blue day...
And we found out that the next leadership trip is to San Diego - the details are AMAZING.  So I'll be working all fall to get Dave and I's trip for free again.  It'll be over Dave's birthday at the end of April. He's VERY excited!

************************************
Dave's dad had open heart surgery 2 weeks ago.  It was tough seeing my hubby so emotional and torn up about seeing his dad go into and come out of surgery.  We are thankful we had such great friends that helped with our kids through all those days we spent at the hospital with him.  And we are thankful God brought him out of the surgery and through recovery well!

************************************
My 10 year class reunion was at the end of July - same weekend as the wedding. So I missed the main event. We were supposed to go to Winfield for a lunch on Sunday, but dumb migraine didn't let me get out of bed until 2:00 that afternoon.  But we DID make it to Winfield for something else later that evening... 



I have wanted to go to the fair every year, and keep telling Dave that our fair (as in the fair I grew up with) is SOOOO much better than Newton's fair.  He completely agreed once we were there.  Like 100 times better!

***********************************
I haven't been to Butz and Gutz pretty much all summer.  Nor have I ran.  I need to get back at it.  Recent pictures of myself say so.

************************************

We just got our tickets in the mail for BLUEGRASS, the 3rd weekend in September -  AHHHHHH, I need that weekend to be here NOW!  And we need the heat to go away too.

************************************

We don't like our new mattress - we went with the memory foam - we now have to sleep on it for 45 days before we can take it back.  But at least we CAN take it back and get something different.  We need something SOFT.  We thought the foam felt soft when we tried it out - but we need much softer.  We have about 20 days left to go. And every night we lay down, it kind of sucks.

************************************ 
We got to babysit for this little cutie last week and my kids were in love. They pretty much smothered him the first 30 minutes.  Luckily he was cool with that. 


*********************************
My sister just moved to Cincinnati.  I don't know anything about Cincinnati.  And even though I was a teacher, I have a hard time even remembering what state that is in. I didn't have to teach US geography. It's in that bunch of states I always got confused with anyway.  She moved from the Dallas area.  Before that northern California.  I wonder how many cool places I may get to visit her?  We get to see her this weekend - in Missouri, not Cincinnati, thank goodness.

*******************************
Remember how I said our life hasn't been normal since June 23?  Along with that I am ashamed to admit that I have not had the time with God that I so desperately need.  And go figure...my life feels like a mess.  I've missed Him.  And need to get that time back FAST!

************************************
I just heard from Taylor that the thermometer says that "it's 6 degrees till winter time"  Whatever that is, it sounds delightful.  I feel so bad for my husband - and of course those other hard working guys - that work in this 105, 108, and 110 degree heat all day long.  I don't know how they do it. 

**********************************

I picked up our family pictures today- and they are fabulous! 


More to come.

7 comments:

The Sieberts said...

i love your dress in the wedding photo...cute!

laura mcpherson said...

I totally hear ya on the crazy days of summer! They seem to be flying by, and I am so ready for a slow down. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress at that wedding. That pic of you two is awesome!

Can't wait to see more of your family pictures :)

the mcclenahans said...

Your dress for the wedding was super cute.
I can't wait to see the rest of your family pictures.
You need to stop being so busy...
I think it is definitely time for fall! :o)

Chad and Jody said...

Your summer makes my head spin! Hope things slow down for you and your family, soon! The picture at the end makes me excited to get our family pictures back!

Steve and Rebekah Flaming said...

Since everyone else said how cute your dress from the wedding is...I will tell you how cute your family picture outfit is! I really love the denim skirt with the bright yellow shoes! Very cute. The kids look adorable too. I *LOVE* Mason's smile, so special :)))

Julie said...

Even though everyone else has beat me to it, I just have to say that you looked beautiful in that dress at the wedding. I love it!

what a whirlwind! Enjoy your weekend at Table Rock though. I want to go back really bad.

The Moffats said...

I don't care how many people have already commented on it. I just have to say you look gorgeous in that dress at the wedding! You HAVE to tell me where you go it. LOVE it. I hear ya on summer craziness. Glad to know about the matress - we were acually thinking about going that route too. Happy you caught us up!Can't wait to see the family photos!!