Monday, November 22, 2010

P is for Pumpkin

We've been doing lots of preschool activites around here.
Our preschool group just swapped for the 2nd time - for 6 more weeks of activities! 

Some of these are old...but we had a great time learning the letter P and PUMPKINS.
And I figured I better share these now - since starting next week no one will be interested in pumpkin activities anymore.

These awesome ideas are all from Olivia - she was assigned the pumpkin theme...

A candy pumpkin....orange slice candy with a green jelly bean and frosting!
10 seconds after I took this, we walked away from the table and the dog ate both of the kids' pumpkins.
They were not happy.
 Then we made scented pumpkins...
 We cut out a pumpkin and glued on a green piece for the stem.
 We mixed Elmer's glue and water (half and half I think), and then added pumpkin pie spice.
And painted all over the pumpkins.
When they dried, they smelled yummy!
 And of course anything that we can EAT is always a hit...
 Mini-Pumpkin Pies
 Small Graham Cracker Crusts
1-2 T pumpkin pie mix
1 T cool whip
1 c. vanilla pudding
Mix the pumpkin pie mix, cool whip and vanilla pudding together, pour into crust, top with a dollup of cool whip!  Enjoy!
My kids go crazy over cool whip!  Mason snuck probably 20 licks from either the container, the spoon or what I put on the pies.

These got me in the mood for REAL pumpkin pie - can't wait!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love when you share these ideas. I think I'll do the pumpkin glue/painting tomorrow. Looks super fun and I'm out of ideas at the moment. :) Thanks!

A Family of Love said...

What fun projects!