Saturday, April 2, 2011

family date night

We don't do family nights all that often.  And when we do, they are usually pretty low key.
But last week we decided to go all out.  We talked about our "family date night" that whole day, and the kids were so excited!  They kept asking if they got to go to adult places.  (when they know that Dave and I are going on a date, we tell them we are going to adult places and it's not for kids).  So I think they were more pumped that they got to come along on a "date" when usually they have to stay with someone else while mommy and daddy have all the fun!

We started with Dinner at Cheddars.
And then onto The Alley for some bowling and arcade games.



 After a few rounds, one of the ramps came open so we were able to use that the rest of the game.
Thank goodness!
 Mason was so cute to watch!  He's not one to usually show much excitement, but man, he was excited when he knocked pins down, and got strikes!  It's much better than Mom's finger bowling game on her phone.
 Then onto the arcade games to use just a few tokens.
 If you have little ones, and want a game that never ever ends, a game that you can get the most play out of one token, something to entertain them for a long time...choose skee ball.
The ball never makes it up, it rolls back everytime.  But they don't care.  They keep rolling and rolling and rolling.  Until Mom and Dad step in and help out!  Man, we got some good play time in for those tokens.
 They didn't actually play this dancing game - but they sure thought they were.
And we ended the night at Orange Leaf.  Because of course that's the place to go these days.
It's also the place to wear your Victoria Secret's Pink sweatpants.  I think I saw 6 pair.
SOOO yummy!  And so fun!
Have you locals heard that Newton is getting a frozen yogurt place similar to Orange Leaf??
Someone told me that they know the 2 couples who are opening it.
So it sounded pretty legit.  But we'll see.
It's suppossed to be going in where the Quiznos was.
Don't shoot me if I'm wrong.
We won't need the big city Orange Leaf then.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks like so much fun. I have never seen the ramps. I have heard of orange leaf but have never been to one. I don't think they have any in Indiana, but I wish someone would open one.

Aaron and Shannon said...

I heard that too! I guess we'll see! Looks like a lot of fun! I think Cole will have to get a little older to enjoy some of those things! Can't wait for it though!

Unknown said...

It was in the paper! They arent doing a franchise so they can have more flavors and variety. I am excited!!

Amy said...

Our kids love family nights! We need to go bowling sometime. They would love that! Yes... Twisted Cow is going in where Quiznos was! You can "Like" them on Facebook! I think May 1st is the goal to open??

Julie said...

Awesome family night.Your kids look like they had so much fun!

And how exciting that we are getting an ice cream place similar to Orange Leaf in town! I had no idea. So fun!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

We went to the Orange Leaf Saturday night! Fun place and it was packed. I would bowl if I could use those ramps!

Marla said...

Blog stalker here! You don't know me, but I used to live in Newton so I think I found your blog somehow in the Newton cirlce of blogs! haha! I love Taylor's outfit! Where did you get that shirt and cardi? I have a daughter just a bit younger. Looks like you all had a fabulous family night!:)