Friday, March 23, 2012

dreaming of you sweet Caribbean

Today we could be leaving a jet plane.
To Miami.
To get on this ship.

 And enjoy our balcony room,

For 7 days in the Caribbean.

For free.
(thanks to Premier).

But instead, all I have is pictures and memories of 2010.

My sister-in-law texted me from the airport this morning.  Trying to not make me feel sad that I wasn't with them.  I texted another friend who was sitting there at the airport in excitement ready to be there already, and I could almost SMELL the Caribbean and feel that excitement we felt a few years ago when we went cruising for the first time.

But when the trip was announed last spring, I was puking and couldn't get off the couch.
We just just recently found out we were expecting baby #3.
And as much as I pretended in my head that we could STILL go and just take our 4 month old along.
I was just kidding myself.
I knew we'd have to miss this trip.
Even if I did earn it for free.
And even if our last cruise with Premier was the best trip in our entire lives.
Good thing, sweet little Gavin is one of the best reasons in the whole world to miss such a spectacular vacation.


There's no way I could leave this cute little thing for 8 days.

There will be another one.
And Dave and I will be on that ship -  you can count on it.
And thanks to Facebook, I'm sure I'll get to be reminded through pictures being posted, of how much fun and sun we're missing.
 

2 comments:

Aaron and Shannon said...

Ahh...that makes me miss our cruise from last summer! It is such a fun trip! And...Gavin is a perfect reason to miss!

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. :)