He's been waiting for 20 days for his turn.
And this morning it was finally time.
He was so excited last night that he laid in bed for an hour and a half talking and singing while his sister was out cold.
We took a few pictures with big Sis before she left for the bus.
After we dropped Taylor off, we came home and watched the clock until it was his time to go.
Of course we filled the time with a photo shoot that I began warning him yesterday about.
He's not usually too keen on photo shoots, so I tried to prep him.
He did pretty good!
This one is quite possibly my new favorite shot of him.
ahhhhh, another eyelash shot!
Daddy met us at the church where the Pre-K is (same place Taylor went, but with a different teacher).
There was no hesitation at all. He remembered where his cubby was from when we enrolled.
I can still tell he was a bit nervous because that tongue kept coming out.
He was so ready to be there. He found his name and sat down right away. He didn't need the last minute hugs like his sister always does. But we got some from him anyway. I think Mommy and Daddy needed them more.
Even though we didn't do a special back-to-school dinner when Taylor went to Pre-K, Mason asked if he got to have a special dinner like Taylor did, and of course I said YES! So tonight we'll have our special dinner just for Mason. He requested cherry pie for dessert. And since I don't make pies, AT ALL, Dillons will be making my night super easy.
This morning was my first morning at home with just one kiddo. As much as I get sad about my kids growing up and going off to school, and my house being more empty, don't get me wrong...there's the up side also! 2.5 hours (2 of which Gavin sleeps) to clean, sit and eat breakfast and drink my cappuchino in quiet, to have my quiet time with the Lord, to work on business stuff, to blog and check email.
Today felt pretty good. Mason was ready, and that makes it easier on me.
But I think having sweet little Gavin still at home with me makes it all better.
Taylor and Mason are just 16 months apart, and that doesn't give a mama much time at all to recuperate from these big milestones and the reality of kids growing up. But knowing I still get 4 years with my little one makes it better.
Even if having them gone means more time to myself and time to get things done, I'm still glad that I have awhile before my house will be completely empty during the day.















2 comments:
If it gets too empty feeling, let me know. I'll send Lily over, and I'm sure she'll talk your ear off and follow you around! :-) So glad to hear he did well!!!
Kendall
Oh my goodness! The pictures are awesome and he looks so much like his daddy! So glad he is off to a great start!
Post a Comment