Mason turned 5 on February 28, and we had a big weekend of celebrations!! 5 is a big deal!
But every year around Mason's birthday, in the middle of all the decorations and birthday treats and parties, there's a part of my heart that is always so heavy.
See, one of my best friends should also be planning a birthday party around the same time.
We would have both been planning 5th birthday parties this year.
This was Mason's first year to get to invite friends to his party, and I just know Cora would have been on his guest list. Instead, we were honored to have one of the Mac boys here.
They were birthday buddies. Born just 6 days apart (some years 5 days apart).
They would have been going to Kindergarten together this year. What a big year.
But instead, Cora has celebrated the last 4 birthdays in heaven. And instead, we get to tell Mason stories of his birthday friend in heaven, and how many people know Jesus because of her.
So before I share with you Mason's birthday memories, I wanted to share something super special with you.
A BIG celebration for Cora is happening right now, and I would love for you to be a part of it.

Cora's mommy is teaming up with Heather of The Joyful Life Library to open a Joyful Life Library at Wesley Medical Center on the PEDS/PICU floor where Cora spent her days battling cancer.
You can donate books to fill the library with, and also have a chance to win some GREAT giveaways!!
You can read all about this awesome celebration over at The Macs. She'll explain everything you need to know about donating and entering your name in for the giveaways.
So while we can't celebrate with Cora here on earth, we can celebrate in a MUCH more JOYFUL way. A joy that can come only from the Lord. God has worked through Cora's short little life to change lives for eternity, and 5 years later, is continuing to do so.
I'll hope you'll be a part of the celebration.
Happy Birthday Cora! We miss you dearly.
We love you Mac Family!
4 comments:
So hard to believe it's been 4 years. Such a wonderful and GIVING idea. Although, I would expect nothing less from them. :)
Thanks so much for your sweet words and support in this project. I have the best friends! Praise God for all he is doing!
Cute party!!! I need a tip on sugar cookies...how do you get them to stay in the form of the cookie cutter? Mine always change shape and kind run so they don't look the like cookie cutter shape! Help!!! abivens2@gmail.com
Sorry this comment was supposed to go under masons party....not sure how it landed here.
Post a Comment