Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mason's new "do"

This little guy has a new look...

Well, he still has that ornery look...nothing's changed there....

Photobucket
But obviously, as you can tell from this picture, he is in need of a new hair-do.

I KNEW he needed a haircut, but it's crazy how fast it sneaks up on you. Just this week I've been noticing it was getting pretty long again. But with a week as busy as this one, I didn't notice how bad it REALLY was, until we got to church. Being dressed all cute made his shaggy hair a little more noticeable...or A LOT!

We got told he looked like a girl. (haha, I know it was a joke...but obviously, we're not gonna wait another day after that!)

I just wanted to trim it with scissors again. Like last time...just a trim around the ears, in the back and his bangs.

(here's the before picture)

Photobucket
Daddy had other plans....that included a buzzer.


Photobucket


I fought and fought, but lost this time.

Do you see all that hair!??!?! That beautiful head of hair....just being buzzed right off!!

Photobucket


While Mason is being lulled to sleep with the feeling of the buzzer over his head, I just started laughing....you know, that laugh you do when you can't believe what you're doing....a nervous laugh, because I didn't know what else to do or say...I just laughed and kept snapping pictures.
Photobucket
I was laughing so hard, my eyes began to water and KEPT watering. Until it was no longer a laugh. They were REAL tears! Dave didn't know if I was laughing or crying.....I didn't know either. But the tears kept coming, and slowly as more and more hair was being buzzed off, the laughing stopped.

Just tears....from Mommy AND Mason.

Photobucket


That's right....NO ONE asked him how he felt about getting rid of his gorgeous hair and when he realized what happened, he was NOT happy!

Do you see this look of utter shock!??!

Photobucket
He lost SOOO much hair...
Photobucket

Here's the after...
Photobucket

I almost couldn't even take pictures as I just looked at him in pure shock.

He looks SO different. He looks SO much older.

He does look like he's ready for summer though, huh?

Photobucket


It's growing on me. Dave admits he even shocked himself when he really started buzzing off those long locks!

All in all, Daddy likes it, Mommy had a rough time, but is semi-okay now, Taylor likes it, and well, here is how Mason feels about it...

Photobucket
(these pictures aren't completely depicting this story correctly....although he did get a little upset towards the end of the cut, that was because he was ready to get down, not because his hair was gone....he really had no clue and still has no clue what happened. He could care less. But I thought his cute little expressions would make for more of a dramatic story.)

9 comments:

The Packard's said...

You guys are so brave...Dylan has been getting his hair cut about once a month since he was 1, but never by me. I would be so scared!!! He would end up with some crazy do!! I love Mason's though...he looks like a big boy!

Aaron and Shannon said...

Amanda...I hope you know NOT to take Aaron seriously. Sometimes he says things and doesn't realize how they sound (ok...a lot of the time!!) I think it looks cute, but I know it's hard to get used to!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

My mouth just hung open in shock when I saw Dave with the buzz saw! I was picturing a real buzz cut. But really, it turned out adorable! Love the pics!! Cute expressions on Mason's face.

Amy said...

It really does look cute, but I understand. Lawson's first hair cut (he was less than a year old... all those red curls... he really did look like a girl and was getting "wings") We came home and I cried. It was so short and he didn't look like my baby anymore! She still has to cut it pretty short each time he gets a trim (otherwise those curls do crazy things). Dave did good, though. Mason looks cute. And perfect for summer! :)

Utecht Family said...

I love it Amanda - Mason will always look handsome! And at least he still has those incredible eyelashes! (I'm pretty sure Dave didn't trim those too.) :-)

The Sieberts said...

love it! sometimes you just have to chop it off so it can regrow more even and fuller-i found that out with Ava's hair!

Steve and Rebekah Flaming said...

I think it looks great! After your phone call I was prepared for a shocking picture, but I think it turned out really nice. I can never get past Mason's facial expressions, you get some greats looks from him with your camera! He just cracks me up!

Mom said...

Iam so glad you called and told me so I wouldn't be shocked to hear on your blog about a BUZZER! Scary sound. JOB WELL DONE! Now if you take Mason to the hair stylist at a later date maybe he won't get scared.

Stefanie said...

Super cute!! Great story :)