Tuesday, July 14, 2009

once was lost but now is found

My phone was lost, but it's found now.

I lost it in a field.
In grass up to your knees.
And I rode on a trailor behind a tractor all over the field, so it could have fallen out anywhere.

We searched a little before it got dark
And we went back the next day and searched some more.
I really wasn't that bummed at first.
My phone was broken anyway, and I had insurance.

BUT THEN, I remembered all the numbers I was losing.

I've been able to transfer numbers from phone to phone for 9 years.
And now I was going to have to start from square one.
With Dave's number, the only number in the whole world that I know by memory, except 911.

So I started the collection of numbers (which many of you are aware of!!!)
I paid my $50 and got a new phone in the mail overnight.
I had about 7 numbers in my new phone

AND THEN....

My old phone was found!
Our dear friends who graciously entertained us at their farm, went out and searched for my phone on their own. They found it within 15 minutes. I think they were looking in the area that was assigned to Dave when we were out there! (haha)

So, I have my old phone that now is deactivated BUT my numbers are there.
I have my new phone with 7 numbers and we soon learned it was not holding a charge.
And the 5 button doesn't work.

So the new phone now has to be returned.
As soon as they get confirmation it is in the mail, they will send my new one overnight. I'm hoping to get it today. And then can take my old phone in and have them transfer all my numbers.

I better get it today. I'm leaving for 4 days on Wednesday and I'm not sure how that will be without a phone. But although I dropped my return package off by 10am, it wasn't in the system at 5pm last night. Meaning, my new phone was yet to be sent.

Moral of the story: Pay insurance on your phone, and don't put it in the pocket of a pair of shorts that you are quite aware that it has slipped out a handful of times before, and then get on a trailor (sitting up on the side) and go riding all over a field. And if you do, wait at least 48 hours before going to buy a new phone, in case it shows up.

No comments: