I hope I'm not boring you too much with 2 posts in a row with no pictures.
But really, pictures would NOT be good on this post.
I'm embarrassed to share this story as is, let alone with pictures. Thank goodness there AREN'T any.
So far, the few friends who know about my incident yesterday, have had some good laughs. So I figured I'd share it with you too. Just in case you need a laugh. It will give more purpose to my suffering.
So here goes....
My friend Kendall suggested we do an exercise class together. She was very careful to let me know she was NOT suggesting it because I looked like I needed it. Isn't she thoughtful?
So yesterday was the day. Our first day.
Of Butz and Gutz class.
I should have known I was not setting myself up for success when I updated my facebook status BEFORE class to read something along the lines of probably needing to be carried out when I was done.
Pretty funny after looking back now.
Class went like this...
I was feeling pretty good for 39 out of the 40 minutes. Honestly, it wasn't THAT bad.
In that last minute we were stretching and cooling down and I began trying to convince myself that I DID NOT need to throw up.
We finished, the other ladies in the class left immediately.
I told a lady that I knew that I was going to throw up. She laughed. She thought I was kidding.
I replied "no, really, I think I'm going to throw up, where's the bathroom?"
I ran.
After my head was in the toilet for a few minutes. I couldn't move. I was clammy and flush feeling. I felt white as a ghost. I couldn't stand up or move. My arms and legs were shaky and felt like jello.
They brought me some candy and a packet of sugar that I poured into my mouth.
I continued to sit on the bathroom floor of the rec center as cold cloths were brought to me.
I knew Kendall needed to get home to allow her husband to go back to work. I felt bad that she was having to stay with me. But I was thankful that she did. That's what good friends do, right?? Watch each other throw up.
After about 10 minutes or so I attempted to get up and walk so we could leave. I made it to the top of 2 flights of stairs and had to sit down.
Then ran back to the bathroom.
We were not gaining much distance towards our cars.
Then some grapes were brought to me. And another wet rag.
I finally felt okay enough to make it down the stairs, with Kendall carrying my purse and hunting for my key. I was doing good just getting my feet to move and not pass out.
Drove home, ran in the house and puked like crazy....pretty much all the water I had been drinking in the process of trying to feel better.
I had a hair appointment 10 minutes later.
And I made it.
I finally started feeling okay, ate some crackers and drank more water.
Then went and got my hair chopped off...I think she said about 4 inches.
The teacher of the class even called later in the afternoon to see how I was doing. Isn't that nice of her???
Talk about embarrassing. I was serious when I said I hadn't worked out in like 10 years. I warned them before-hand. I think I sent my body into shock. But I'm pretty sure the biggest problem was that I just didn't eat well that morning before I went to class. I'll do better next time. I had half a bagel as I ran out the door to class, figuring I had better had SOMETHING in my tummy, since I had forgotten to eat all morning.
Now, I realize that pictures would have been quite humorous, but I'll just leave you with the mental picture of my pathetic self pretty much being carried out of the rec center.
Next time, maybe I won't jokingly predict an outcome on my facebook status.
7 comments:
Oh Amanda -- I'm sorry you had to endure that. Nausea and vomiting are really not the fun thing with intense exercise. I hope next time, it's a little better for you. Thanks for sharing!
I'm impressed you did the Butz and Gutz class if you haven't worked out in a long time! Lindsay and I did it last weekend, and it was TOUGH!! I think it will be a good class for you, though. I wish I could do it when it is offered, but it doesn't work that well into my schedule. Glad Kendall was there to take care of you! And your hair is super cute, by the way. Making me really want to cut mine. I just can't decide if I want long or short hair ;)
Hey Amanda!! Thanks for popping in!! Yours is one of the blogs I continue to read but HAVEN'T been so great at commenting on! Sorry about that friend! Isn't my little challenge kinda fun? It is getting us all commenting a little more! Love it!
Anyway, how MISERABLE to get sick like that somewhere other than home. That really stinks. And it totally sounds like something that would happen to me!! Next time you'll know what to expect and you'll be ready!! And I am sure it will go SO much better!
Aren't those rainbow shirts Meg makes darling? We {heart} ours...and think of sweet Cora each time Gentry wears it.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
I'm so glad you're okay. :-) And looking forward to another class just as soon as I stop ACHING from the first one.
OMG...I got the SAME way when I did Bikram Yoga...104 degree yoga for 90 minutes, I lasted about 60 minutes and then got sick...I was a WRECK afterward and came home and went to bed. I'm amazed you were able to get your hair done. Whoa...here's hoping the next time it goes better for you and drink lots of water beforehand too...that does help to keep your system hydrated well before working out. Lesson learned I guess.
Oh no....that sounds horrible. There is nothing like needing to throw up in public! Hope the next class went better! Wish I could join you guys!
pregnant?
super hard exercise combined with pregnancy would definitely knock you out.
just a thought.... :)
Post a Comment