Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Taylor's newest hobby

I'm not sure if CUTTING is a hobby.

Unless you're 3.

Or 21 months for that matter.


Taylor would be happy if I gave her a pair of scissors and a pile of papers and she cut all day long.

Notice the area around them.
This is what I have been finding ALL over my house.


I thought I had the scissors put away so they can only use them when I get them out for them.

But I was wrong.

I got in the shower thinking they were just playing nicely in the basement.
When I was done, I called them up and we headed to Papa's house.
I didn't notice anything at the time.
But at Papa's house I put Taylor's hair in a ponytail. When she turned around, I noticed her bangs.
The bangs she never had before.
I just stared at her for a minute trying to figure out how she got bangs.
When I looked closer I noticed the choppy edges.
The minute I asked her what happened to her hair, she burst into tears.

Truth be told.

Back at home, I found this on the floor, right where she had been sitting...

So needless to say, I think we'll try to pick up a new hobby around here.
And the little kid scissors that I bought for their stockings (since up to this point they have been using my scrapbooking scissors) stayed in the closet. I don't think I want to promote this hobby anymore.

9 comments:

Allen and Debby Graber said...

So funny! I wanted a picture of her bangs. Can you post that? I have some monkey scissors here but I watch Hannah while she cuts and I don't let Sophie have them for a moment!

flower power momma said...

A photo would be cute.
This happens. All 3 of mine cut their hair..but my oldest daughter cut her bangs really really short. Am thankful hair grows.

oh and I put the scissors away too.

creative gal said...

oh! I cut my own hair when I was around her age! :) memories. . .post a picture.

Aaron and Shannon said...

Oh no! Will you have to fix it? As I was reading your post I kept thinking how brave you were to let them use scissors! I was watching Eli use play-doh scissors the other day and decided I would wait to let him use real ones!

The Sieberts said...

That's probably the reason i havn't even given Ava scissors yet! She loves getting her hair cut and i'm afraid she'll try it for herself!

Mom said...

Brings back memories of when your sissy cut her hair at around age 4.
They were Crayola scissors. AND she cut almost 10 inches off.

laura mcpherson said...

Oh my gracious...I shouldn't be laughing, should I?!?! Oh well, it happens to everyone! I cut someone elses bangs at the babysitter when I was about her age! Hey, she stood there and let me do it!

Unknown said...

Oh Amanda, too funny. You definitely need to share a picture of the crooked bangs... :) Kids are so funny.

Brandy Cuevas said...

I will have to hide all of the scissors around my house so Mya doesn't get any ideas!! I will let Kristi know you said hello...and I don't think she will ever be a regular blogger!!

Your family is so cute!! Hope you have a Happy New Year!